UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the crux of the matter is that interest rates have not risen, there’s not more bad news and Galahad doesn’t like it.

Interest rates have not risen?

What you smoking?

Consensus is they will rise by 0.25 or 0.5 in August.

Get your eyes checked.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Interest rates have not risen?

What you smoking?

Consensus is they will rise by 0.25 or 0.5 in August.

Get your eyes checked.
I thought I’d typed inflation. Corrected now but you still don’t like it.

Sponsored Links
I thought I’d typed inflation. Corrected now but you still don’t like it.

Your correction again proves you own yourself.

So the rate at which you are getting punched in the face has slowed a bit, you are still getting punched in the face.

WRT inflation, I reckon if the Tories were on the opposition benches, they'd be braying at Labour, "Return to the bad old days of the 70s!!"

So the rate at which you are getting punched in the face has slowed a bit, you are still getting punched in the face.
Yep. That’s correct. Put any analogy you like on it but you won’t detract from the fact that it’s not as bad as it was. Better than being punched in the face at the same rate and certainly better that getting punched in the face at a quicker rate. Whoever is doing the punching is not going to stop immediately unless you are expecting the inflation rate to go from 8.7% to 0% overnight.

Last edited:
WRT inflation, I reckon if the Tories were on the opposition benches, they'd be braying at Labour, "Return to the bad old days of the 70s!!"
back in the 70s most families were able to live on salary of one parent

back in the 70s most families were able to live on salary of one parent
……In council houses with just one second hand car if you were lucky, no foreign holidays, no sky tv package - (my mate told me yesterday his had gone up to….£155 a month!), no internet, no mobiles etc. Oh, and no luxury produce such as tomatoes, sorry, forgot, they’re off the menu for you too notch, aren’t they? :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Prices have risen but the rate has fallen. You know that.
Yes. Tell mottie.

Prices are rising higher than the target, but by less than they were.

It's just less bad as I've explained before.

But you know that

Yes. Tell mottie.

Prices are rising higher than the target, but by less than they were.

It's just less bad as I've explained before.

But you know that

Semantics on this site among the idiots is beyond ridiculous.

If inflation falls, prices are lower than the preceding month, which is a good thing. The rate of inflation is measured against prices 12 months earlier, so in short, prices are lower (or should be subject to retailers or forecourts passing on the savings) than the previous month but still higher that the same month 12 months prior to that.

Howling at the moon and screaming brexit won't alter that fact.

Semantics on this site among the idiots is beyond ridiculous.

If inflation falls, prices are lower than the preceding month, which is a good thing.

Howling at the moon and screaming brexit won't alter that fact.
Absolutely wrong.

Semantics ? It's schoolboy stuff

And you call people idiots and come out with that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back