UK inflation worsens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely wrong.

Semantics ? It's schoolboy stuff

And you call people idiots and come out with that

PMSL.

If in June 2023, inflation is 9%, prices are 9% higher than June 2022, that represents the inflation. If in July 2023, prices are 8% higher than July 2022 that reflects annual inflation and the prices for July are cheaper than June, that represents a fall in prices.
Not on the year before but on a monthly basis. Anyway, crack on, looking forward to a non answer.

Sponsored Links
PMSL.

If in June 2023, inflation is 9%, prices are 9% higher than June 2022, that represents the inflation. If in July 2023, prices are 8% higher than July 2022 that reflects annual inflation and the prices for July are cheaper than June, that represents a fall in prices.
Not on the year before but on a monthly basis. Anyway, crack on, looking forward to a non answer.
Honestly, if you don't understand inflation you should not comment.

What it means is that prices still went up. But at a lower rate than the previous month.

Prices DID NOT FALL.

I look forward to the comments you are going to get.

This is basic schoolboy stuff

Honestly, if you don't understand inflation you should not comment.

What it means is that prices still went up. But at a lower rate than the previous month.

Prices DID NOT FALL.

I look forward to the comments you are going to get.

This is basic schoolboy stuff

No, prices were cheaper than the previous month because both measures were based on prices from 12 months earlier.

If something cost £100 pounds in june 2022 10% inflation in 2023 would make the price £110.00
If in July 2023 inflation fell to 9%, that item would cost £109.00
That means the price dropped by £1 between june and july 2023

No one is disputing that prices aren't rising against last year, but technically, between June and July 2023, prices have dropped.

Maybe I should pop into my local fuel station and terll them they've undercharged me last time I filled up the van.

No, prices were cheaper than the previous month because both measures were based on prices from 12 months earlier.

If something cost £100 pounds in june 2022 10% inflation in 2023 would make the price £110.00
If in July 2023 inflation fell to 9%, that item would cost £109.00
That means the price dropped by £1 between june and july 2023

No one is disputing that prices aren't rising against last year, but technically, between June and July 2023, prices have dropped.

Maybe I should pop into my local fuel station and terll them they've undercharged me last time I filled up the van.
Oh dear.

Stop digging please

Sponsored Links
If something cost £100 in January.

£110 in Feb (10%)
£121 in March (10%)
£126 in april inflation has FALLEN to 5% but the price still went up

I don't think I can put it any simpler than that

If something cost £100 in January.

£110 in Feb (10%)
£121 in March (10%)
£126 in april inflation has FALLEN to 5% but the price still went up

I don't think I can put it any simpler than that

If something cost £121 in march based on inflation of 10%, that inflation figure is based on the price in 2022, which would mean those goods cost £108.90 in 2022

If in April 2023 the inflation has dropped to 5%, the price would be £114.35 in 2023

The inflation is based on the price 12 months earlier, not the month before.

£114.35 is a reduction or price drop on £121.00 over 1 month

In your quote, how can the april price be lower than the march price if inflation has fallen, given both are measured on figures 12 months earlier?

test

Last edited:
Filly. Stop please.

This is unbelievable.

Instead of months in my example, insert years, or days or decades.

The principle doesn't change

Filly. Stop please.

This is unbelievable.

Instead of months in my example, insert years, or days or decades.

The principle doesn't change

I added the word test to my last post and it shows up as an 'edit'. You quickly edited your last post but it doesn't show up as an edit, much like JohnD and Denso. I guess you're all moderators, makes sense.

Regardless, you're asserting it's not possible for prices to fall, they can and they do, as I've illustrated in detail.

I added the word test to my last post and it shows up as an 'edit'. You quickly edited your last post but it doesn't show up as an edit, much like JohnD and Denso. I guess you're all moderators, makes sense.

Regardless, you're asserting it's not possible for prices to fall, they can and they do, as I've illustrated in detail.
You've just made yourself a laughing stock.

I did tell you to stop digging.

I'm not a moderator, but I did suspect that you might have been

The only conclusion I can come to with his glib questions and answers is to generate click bait to which he must get a commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back