Ukraine counter offensive

Sponsored Links
All side are probably doing the same - looking for ideas.
For sure. But it matters especially for China as they're planning to annex Taiwan by 2049 - certainly sooner. I think Russia took note how drones were used by Azerbaijan recently but didn't apply them correctly to the military situation. I'm sure they didn't expect the Black Sea Fleet to be subjected to swarms of drones.

For sure. But it matters especially for China as they're planning to annex Taiwan by 2049 - certainly sooner. I think Russia took note how drones were used by Azerbaijan recently but didn't apply them correctly to the military situation. I'm sure they didn't expect the Black Sea Fleet to be subjected to swarms of drones.
I doubt if China has much interest in a Ukraine style war with Taiwan. Too destructive.

Russia and drones are a bit odd. They have plenty for specific purposes but seem to lack or still be working on strike drones. Iran on the other hand has been busy developing them.

So the black see fleet hit by swarms of drones? Fact is we know zero about that other than a or some quantity of drones were used but have no idea of the damage caused.

I doubt if China has much interest in a Ukraine style war with Taiwan. Too destructive.

Russia and drones are a bit odd. They have plenty for specific purposes but seem to lack or still be working on strike drones. Iran on the other hand has been busy developing them.

So the black see fleet hit by swarms of drones? Fact is we know zero about that other than a or some quantity of drones were used but have no idea of the damage caused.
Well no, China won't want a protracted war with Taiwan but i was mentioning it in regard to the use of defensive drones and their effect on air and naval attack. To invade an island you need both to protect an amphibious assault, obviously, and Russian attempts to mount such an assault on Odessa were swiftly destroyed.
Since the Black Sea Fleet has become pushed further back from effective operations it'll interest China to work out how to use their naval forces effectively. I'm sure the drones did some damage: reports say they were operating from a range of 100km with excellent live feed, far superior to Iranian drones flying blind.

Sponsored Links
If demand for washing machines and lawn mowers slackens off, the factories could be repurposed to turn out cheap drones by the thousand.

A big swarm will overwhelm conventional defences and use up millions of pounds worth of missiles and shells

Even if half of them were dummies.

I like to think that the uniformed Russian personnel involved in their 'nuclear' option are more intelligent than those fighting the ground war.
It takes a lot more than Putin just pressing the red button to trigger the launch of a nuclear strike, whether it be strategic or tactical.
The fact that the West, NATO, Ukraine et al are not interested in encroaching the Russian motherland will be well known by those in the command chain. There are reports that on past occasions in history, the Russians almost launched nuclear weapons, only for someone in authority to ask 'lets just double check' only to find that the threat did not exist. I'm confident there are still grown ups around with the same common sense.

Last edited:
you best go read about Iranian drones.
Fair enough...my comment referenced an article in the Times. I'd imagine a good deal of information would rely on distance and terrain, so a long range strike of, say 500km, would produce different results to the recent attack in the Black Sea which was directed from about 100km with much clearer transmission; but i take your point.(y)

Despite Russia suspending there co
Operation in these grain shipments
They are still continuing

???

Despite Russia suspending there co
Operation in these grain shipments
They are still continuing

???
Yes strange isn't it. Organised by the UN who it seems do the checking as well. There was a western statement as well requesting no interference with Russian grain shipments. :rolleyes:

Russia seems to be into gloomy monday / sunday More missile strikes. Hydroelectric included this time so loss of water for a while. Kyiv but strikes elsewhere as well

Who to believe. 50 missiles, 44 shot down and citizens reporting 10 building shaking bangs. Russia, precision strikes hitting what they wanted to.

There was a report on the 280mile away fighting. Seems Russians 200yds away so shots and shells from both sides. Sounds like both sides dug in but can't be sure.

One has to wonder how Russia would interfere with grain shipments. They did send half a dozen subs into the black sea back in February.

It seems that Russia has modified a surface to air missile as well and are using lots. They can e pretty high speed and may have some sort of modified homing system. There is more mention of missiles of late than drones.

Iran - not doing well with it's negotiations with the west so might also be an up yours response. Blinken has an interesting trip to the Arab world. All of them including one lot from N Africa and Israel too. Told them all to work together and form an axis against Iran. Also a previous terrorist group in the Emirates was taken of the list - not a popular move with the Saudi's.

BBC just talked about Ukraine's internet and cyber attack. They seem to have missed that they have been given a lot of this kit

Probably gov and military use.

1665424163895.png

Sponsored Links
Back