US Lamp

At a guess , before I click on that link, both influenced by a common pronunciation. I might be wrong though!

Edit - OK now I have clicked and heard them my opinion is (still is) the LH side one (Latin) is the correct way to say it as I was taught at School and the RH side one (English) is incorrect and in my opinion is the american way.

PS my school was of Grammar School standing if that helps
I have always known the English pronounciation

In my experience the Latin is what I hear Americans and Irish use. I went to a Technical School where the emphasis was on the technical aspects.

Sponsored Links
I went to a Technical School where the emphasis was on the technical aspects.
I say the same to that one, wasn`t in my neck of the woods was it?

PS I think I`m meaning the so called "Latin" one in that link is the proper spoke english one in that link and the so called english one is not english unless that means "American English" .

By the way they did have Latin at our school and the head taught it, I did not like the head and did not like the thaught of latin as a subject so I:giggle: never took the option although I might have bee rejected by the head if I did

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back