VAT on education?

Seems like labour are targeting the type of people that don’t vote labour. Pensioners and parents that send their kids to fee paying schools so far. Who's next - those with savings? Shares? Property? Private pensions? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Seems like you're okay if you’re in a big union though - you only have to ask and your wish will be granted. Spending seems to have slowed down until people find out what comrade Starmer is going to announce in the budget.

Sponsored Links
Seems like labour are targeting the type of people that don’t vote labour. Pensioners and parents that send their kids to fee paying schools so far. Who's next - those with savings? Shares? Property? Private pensions? I guess we'll have to wait and see. Seems like you're okay if you’re in a big union though - you only have to ask and your wish will be granted. Spending seems to have slowed down until people find out what comrade Starmer is going to announce in the budget.
Labour's largest demographic is 60+
1726907387558.png

I am sure quite a number of union members have savings, shares, property etc, it was certainly the case when I worked in a unionised workplace

Sponsored Links
I can't believe so many right wingers thought the Tories were doing that well that nothing needed to change

Did they not see the last election result?

Have they not seen the state of things around us?

Labour won't be perfect, they won't be in power for ever (probably not even 14 years), but we couldn't go on as we were.

Different Government, different budgets and spending.

But I do like somebody who is prepared to tell us it's going to get worse before it gets better. I prefer the head out of the sand, not in it.

How They Broke Britain by James O’Brien review – a catalogue of disasters​

Naturally, I don’t disagree with the substance of How They Broke Britain. No decent or sane person possibly could. As O’Brien writes, not only has Brexit been a disaster; much of Britain’s infrastructure now appears to be broken

He is upsetting Tory voters, so he is obviously heading in the correct direction

Quite right - by his blatant hypo-curacy and I suspect many people who voted for change won't be happy either.

And they've only been in for about 11 weeks

VAT on education plays to the left wing of the party because it doesn’t affect anyone that voted for them, unlike say income tax rises.

Quite right - by his blatant hypo-curacy and I suspect many people who voted for change won't be happy either.

And they've only been in for about 11 weeks
If you can't or don't shake things up Immediately, when would you expect it to happen?

Would you have preferred no change, carry on as we were ?

VAT on education plays to the left wing of the party because it doesn’t affect anyone that voted for them, unlike say income tax rises.
I'm not left wing.

I fully agree with vat on luxury goods

Whether we like it or not, we have to find more money (via taxes) but nobody wants to pay them.

This is a voluntary tax. If you want the luxury, pay the vat. If you don't, then the basic option is still available.

Which taxes do you think should rise? Bearing in mind the electorate generally doesn't want any and many low paid can't afford ?

That was before clever people invented global warming.

Now it's open season on our wallets.
Depending on the Government of the day, I've never been able to close my wallet from them. It's just a case of what the money is being spent on, not whether it's not being spent.

Sponsored Links
Back