VAT on education?

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that private school numbers will drop by 5-10%.

Ill also guess that other than the Telegraph explaining how it is an assault on the working class, nothing much will happen except more taxes are collected and a stupid loophole closed.

Sponsored Links
...which has virtually nothing to do with my question.

Are you assuming they didn't model it or do we know they didn't?

They didn’t learn when they raised the top rate of tax.

As I said earlier, the VAT can easily be reduced or avoided.

A privilege for some maybe, but more an essential than a luxury, that’s why education is a recognised charitable objective.
Charity is for the benefit of others, fee paying schools for your own child is not charity, it's an abuse of the tax system.

Sponsored Links
Like charities who own private gyms or run high street shops or exist for the benefit of only them and their members.

Better tell Nuffield health, the national trust and the hundreds of dodgy funds for me and my mates charities that exist.

I keep hearing this.

If you want to live here with the lifestyle it offers, pay for it

If not, move on. It's the same with certain big companies too..

No ordinary taxpayer should be subsiding charities for a few that don't want state education.

It's a luxury, nobody is forced to pay for it.

My comment was about taxation and rich in general. The more tax rises the more the rich will adapt or leave the UK

Leaving the tax take down and the middle classes stuck with the increasing bills to pay

Like charities who own private gyms or run high street shops or exist for the benefit of only them and their members.

Good to see that even biking admits that "charity" rules can be gamed for the benefit of crooks.

My comment was about taxation and rich in general. The more tax rises the more the rich will adapt or leave the UK

Leaving the tax take down and the middle classes stuck with the increasing bills to pay
So where do you suggest the extra tax needed comes from? The poor ?

Sponsored Links
Back