Well, that went well didn’t it?

Sponsored Links
Conditions in a male prison were broadcasted a few days ago. At least on of the prison staff was a women.

Somebody pointed out that we do not know what this bloke did. If there is to be a trial no reliable source will comment on that.

Afraid my 1st thought was a £20b tax cut, It sounds like a hell of a lot for a building. A check on a prison came up with this. Not the right type but an indication.

Also further release plans were around in the Tory period. The usual rules are interesting. It seems a sentencing of up to 5years would get a 50% reduction. That now is 60%, Getting this is selective as I assume the 50% was.

A report on another release. Partner of some bloke gets a letter saying he has been released, She is concerned. Turns out that he has served the sentence but some short 2ndry offence time has been dropped.

What happens when any sentence is finished - they are released and back within the population. Reoffending is common especially for certain crimes. Does the length of the sentence in this range have any effect on that?

How many women were released early.
Woman are less likely to be violent than men, so why don't they empty the women's prisons and use them to house male criminals.
Women include the transwomen transferred to women only prisons only to commit further serious offences. The prison population was deemed suitable for the experimental policy.

Conditions in a male prison were broadcasted a few days ago. At least on of the prison staff was a women.

Somebody pointed out that we do not know what this bloke did. If there is to be a trial no reliable source will comment on that.
absolutely - Chairman Starmer won't be happy at the bad publicity - Silence it, stamp it out, sweep it under the carpet, even if more hardened criminals have to be released to make way for those who speak ill of the politburo, we can't have descent - denunciation, shop your neighbour, that is the way forward, critical views will not and can not be tolerated.

Sponsored Links
Silence it, stamp it out, sweep it under the carpet,
Not able to report has nothing what so ever to do with that. The rule has always been around to avoid trial by the press.

This figured heavily in the Lucy trial. Once the trial has been finalsed they can report and have. One problem with that is no one would be interested in the trial was fine. Some think it wasn't so report on that. This does serve a purpose as more detail may come out.

Going OT but to make a point.

I recall reading that the requirement for the UK to have a new nuclear power station was debated, however at the time (Ed Miliband?) et al said 'that would take 10 years to implement, we need to consider alternatives.' Then here we are, 10 years later, when an additional power station could have been up and running and contributing to ensure we don't have power shortages.

But no, here in the UK we talk, talk, debate, discuss, talk, discuss, debate, debate, object, discuss, debate, object.

Days turn into weeks into months into years into decades. Whatever the thing is, it doesn't get done.

It's the same with prisons. Instead of cross party agreement to just get the feck on with it (building more prisons) and allocating the money, we talk, talk, debate, discuss, object, debate, object ...

.... release a degenerate sexual predator. They then sexually assault a woman.
Andy's disinformation campaign. :rolleyes:
Those serving sentences for certain sexual, violent, domestic abuse, terrorism and national security offences are excluded

Going OT but to make a point.

I recall reading that the requirement for the UK to have a new nuclear power station was debated, however at the time (Ed Miliband?) et al said 'that would take 10 years to implement, we need to consider alternatives.' Then here we are, 10 years later, when an additional power station could have been up and running and contributing to ensure we don't have power shortages.

But no, here in the UK we talk, talk, debate, discuss, talk, discuss, debate, debate, object, discuss, debate, object.

Days turn into weeks into months into years into decades. Whatever the thing is, it doesn't get done.

It's the same with prisons. Instead of cross party agreement to just get the feck on with it (building more prisons) and allocating the money, we talk, talk, debate, discuss, object, debate, object ...
It's exactly the problem of short term politics and switching from party to party.

It does need cross party agreement, but it won't happen yet. Our politics needs to calm down and stabilise 1st. More middle ground and less extremes. Why the extremes? I have my opinion.

Sponsored Links
Back