What are you watching on TV right now?

Howard Webb: the man who thought this 'tackle' wasn't worth a red card?

CgAGVV8NFAmAcKmHAAH3kumK7Kg408.jpg.webp

And behind the VAR screen is another ref who still makes 'clear and obvious errors', such as the recent match at Bournemouth.
The obvious solution is to turn it all over to AI.

Howard Webb in his capacity as fronting up the PGMOL (?)
(You highlighting one decision wrong, instead of the tens or hundreds of thousands right, nicely demonstrates the problem though).

The obvious solution is to fudge the lot off; football is, as I've said already, a messy game, a game of imperfect. A game of greys.
AI wouldn't "get it right"; it would just get it wrong, but to a consistent level.

Sponsored Links
Then poor old Frankie Lamps will have to endure this agony every time?

resize

Even i could see it had crossed the fizzin' line!
For Zark's sake ref, open yer fekkin' eyes!!

Nope. Still not over it.

That incident was instrumental in advocating the use of video replay and the doomsayers, like Johhny Nick@F365 were proved right: it's just made the game more complicated than necessary.

Another Skinner and Mina literary trip on Sky Arts; Pope and Swift this time. Not a single journey as Boswell and Johnson but more of a hop, skip and a jump across the Irish Sea where Swift was Dean of St Patrick's Cathedral in Dublin. An imposing monument to Protestant austerity, it's still worth a trek to see where Jonathan Swift would declaim the Word of God from a moving pulpit, wheeled around the aisles by a stalwart assistant to pick out snoozing members of the congregation and turn up the volume to ensure their soul was properly educated before returning to the wicked ways of their world. :D
Gulliver's Travels is arguably the first modern political satire and his writing is still as sharp after three centuries. His observation that: "We have just enough religion to make us hate, but not enough to make us love one another," has as much resonance today as it will 300 years from now.

Some shop security guard programme on C5.

They chased this guy, grabbed hold of him then when he did a runner again, they caught him, searched his bags and handcuffed him and arrested him for being a suspected dealer.

Since when have security guards been able to do this?

Sponsored Links
They also detained several people in locked rooms.
I didn't know they had these powers.

My understanding, is that everyone has the power of arrest.
Arrest, maybe, but not detention in a locked room, I understand that's classed as kidnapping.

Here's a fuller explanation:

Why are you trying explain anything to somebody who has you on ignore himmy.
Why do you always make the thread about me?
If you have anything to contribute to the topic, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear it. :rolleyes:

Why do you always make the thread about me?
If you have anything to contribute to the topic, I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear it. :rolleyes:
I thought you liked being in the limelight.
Which is what your doing here pandering to a wider audience showing how clever you are knowing Harrys got you on ignore.

I thought you liked being in the limelight.
Which is what your doing here pandering to a wider audience showing how clever you are knowing Harrys got you on ignore.
You're mistaken. I'm merely defending myself against dishonest and false accusations.
And I don't keep a record of who claims to be ignoring me. That's their choice.
And you're still making the thread all about me, rather than the intended topic. :rolleyes:
It's about what you've been watching on TV.

Messiah; on Netflix. Halfway through and i'm enjoying the twist in the narrative as they've made him a Muslim. The Second Coming will be televised, apparently, as he's pulled the 'walking on water' party trick at the Washington Monument of all places. Stay tuned for more Revelations.

Last night, nothing, as I was at the pictures.

Killers of the Flower Moon.

Must have been good without being "blow your socks off", as I never moved for almost four hours :eek:

Sponsored Links
Back