What are you watching on TV right now?

Not like ............. American drama where they leave you guessing

That's probably due to the way 'murcan "drama" is made.

Have an idea.
Run it as a pilot.
Pilot does well; this is where it begins to unravel.........

Without any idea of where they were ultimately going with the show (but with a "hit" i.e. lucrative advertising vehicle on their hands) the production company just have to keep scribbling away.
Gotta keep the gravy train on the tracks............

Things eventually turn into silliness and nonsense.

That's my theory anyway (y)

Sponsored Links
The series of Lost come to mind when I read that. That's true.
I'm glad I went to the last page because I was going to post exactly the same thing. I struggled through LOST trying to understand each twist and turn I was sure the ending would resolve everything but no.

I'm glad I went to the last page because I was going to post exactly the same thing. I struggled through LOST trying to understand each twist and turn I was sure the ending would resolve everything but no.
I stopped watching when they found the underground control surveillance hub.

Sponsored Links
Recorded the final leg of 'Boswell and Johnson's Scottish Road Trip' to watch later. Frank Skinner and Denise Mina following in the footsteps of the redoubtable 18th Century diarists. It's a gentle roam around the coast and although i saw it before during lockdown, it's always worth another view. They do it the easy way by car, but i can't imagine what it'd be like to do that trip in the 1770s, on rough roads in a coach. Bumpy, i'd say. Very, verrrrry bumpy.

Help we bought a village, one geezer has bought three wrecks in a rough looking village in Bulgaria, the only tools he seems to have are a shovel and a brush he found in one of the houses, another couple have a place in France, she is stood on dodgy scaffold in flip flops pulling a ceiling down, scaffold collapses

Who needs telly when you've got a full-on Himmas meltdown across the board :D

Rugby later: hope the All Blacks do the Boks (y)

'Call that hard work?’

A programme where people swap jobs to see who has the hardest job. Today it was a dog groomer, a tour guide and a plumber. The plumber was voted to have the hardest job mainly because it was "dirty and smelly".

Some tour guides have stressful job I reckon , on our last trip the local guide was with us all day every day (two weeks), making sure we we were all on the coach/train, sorting out any disputes with various security guards at sites, shooing away hawkers & touts, top guy, got a good tip

Rolf Harris, hiding in plain sight. He was as bad as Savile, the ****.
I have related this tale before but with repeating, anecdotal so no hard evidence

One of my regular customers has a sister who was a traffic warden in that London, she was walking around checking parking meters and a Jag pulled over and the driver started hurling abuse at her, it was Rolf

Sponsored Links
Back