What have you been doing today?

Just about to watch the start of the F1. Like the football, it’s not the same without crowds though. So glad I went to my one and only F1 race in Monaco last year.

Sponsored Links
Trying out my weeding gadget, still a slow process but better than all that bending over

Sponsored Links
Just about to watch the start of the F1. Like the football, it’s not the same without crowds though. So glad I went to my one and only F1 race in Monaco last year.

Ah, Lewis, agreeing that all slavery associated statues should be pulled down.

Lets hope he doesn't discover his paymasters links with Jewish slaves during World war 2.

Stayed up all night to break the back of prepping a bathroom for wallpapering. I 'thought' I had stripped back to a secure lining paper, but it lifted when I sized it so I stripped back further on the walls, then decided to do the ceiling too and wished I hadn't as it's woodchip and rough as.

Then spent the best part of two hours looking for a radiator valve key (I swear I have two. Can I find them? Can I duck?), before realising I could use some needle nose pliers. Then couldn't get the water to stop, so I've just unhooked and lain it down instead of bleeding.

I 'think' I'm ready to paper now. A bit nervous as I've not wallpapered before. Mind, I hadn't done a lot of DIY stuff I've done in the last year or so...

BTW, given the choice between the two:
Paste the wall, or
Paste the paper?

(It's Wallrock Fiber liner - says I can do either.)

A0074D58-403E-4BFF-9DC1-4BAE09775C55.jpeg IMG_20200705_191435483.jpg IMG_20200705_180535555.jpg Started taking up a concrete floor that was layed 70 years ago over the original flagstones to re use them.
Had a good feed after with spuds, peas and swiss chard from the garden

Stayed up all night to break the back of prepping a bathroom for wallpapering. I 'thought' I had stripped back to a secure lining paper, but it lifted when I sized it so I stripped back further on the walls, then decided to do the ceiling too and wished I hadn't as it's woodchip and rough as.

Then spent the best part of two hours looking for a radiator valve key (I swear I have two. Can I find them? Can I duck?), before realising I could use some needle nose pliers. Then couldn't get the water to stop, so I've just unhooked and lain it down instead of bleeding.

I 'think' I'm ready to paper now. A bit nervous as I've not wallpapered before. Mind, I hadn't done a lot of DIY stuff I've done in the last year or so...

BTW, given the choice between the two:
Paste the wall, or
Paste the paper?

(It's Wallrock Fiber liner - says I can do either.)

I had to paper a couple of feature walls this year, and I hadn't papered for twenty years. So I had to youtube it, just to be sure.
My tip? Very sharp scissors :)

My one and only F1 was Adelaide 1986 when Nigel Mansel's bloody wheel fell off when he was just one lap away from winning the F1 Championship. :eek::eek:

I had to paper a couple of feature walls this year, and I hadn't papered for twenty years. So I had to youtube it, just to be sure.
My tip? Very sharp scissors :)
I have a new set, plus some snap blades. And filler for where it goes wrong.

Sponsored Links
Back