What have you been doing today?

Have used the old style R134 to good effect in the past. Halfords special. Enabled a BMW system and Golf with a bit left for a Nisan Micra. Good for what it is where it's just a low-pressure issue and fortunately the valve does read the pressure before you start. Well worth a try but be aware that it's no panacea for leaks and failed valves.

Sponsored Links
I've just come in from doing a little job in the workshop, whilst I was doing that little job, I thought I might as well see how easy it might be, to fit a longer flex to my fancy German, industrial workshop light, on an arm, over my big vice. It is fixed to a roof joist and hangs down, but it's flex was just a bit short, always in the way. There I was, reaching up over the workbench, and having a bit of a struggle fitting a new, longer flex. There was a bit of a rustle, and out popped a ginormous arachnid and began threatening me. I had a little hammer, in my hand, ready to just clip the flex, so I threatened it in return, with that. It scuttled back, to where it had appeared from[1].

[1] My workshop walls, are built with concrete blocks the long back wall, has a double block pier, and between the inner block, and the outer, is an half-inch gap, on every second row. Either side of the pier, is a window. The windows are constantly getting covered by cobwebs, due to the massive spiders living in those gaps. I think I might have to get the expanding foam out, and seal up those gaps.

Just come back from a walk, about 5 miles, up some bloody great steep hill, along a bit of flat(ish) road and then down a massive hill then flat all the way back along the sea wall/railway. Used to take me about 50mins running, must have taken me about 90mins tonight strolling along.

I was up early today, 5.45, and I could have booked for the 6.30 swim session but I thought I’d take my time and booked the 7.30 session instead. Turned up a little late, went in, got undressed and…..no effing swim shorts! Got dressed, went home and there they were, on the shelf where I put them while getting a towel out of the airing cupboard. :evil:

IMG_6562.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I was up early today, 5.45, and I could have booked for the 6.30 swim session but I thought I’d take my time and booked the 7.30 session instead. Turned up a little late, went in, got undressed and…..no effing swim shorts!

Shouldn't let a little thing like that, stop you :)

Watching the Ospreys at Loch Arkaig, bit of a crisis, dad has not been seen for a few days, mum managed to bring an eel back but the chicks need more than that. One of the team on the ground is going to climb up and place some fish on the nest today as a stopgap measure. If dad does not appear soon the chicks may be removed to a rescue centre until they fledge and are ready to migrate

Grinding out, in readiness to doing some repointing, on the utility room wall. I hate doing it, the dust goes everywhere. Breezy day, but I'm not sure whether the breeze helps, or makes the problem worse?

Osprey update, Lewis, one of the team watching the nest climbed up and fed the chicks by hand as mum watched from another branch, left some mackerel for mum and set up a high bird table with fish, some think dad may have had an encounter with a Golden Eagle as one has been seen near the nest

Going through my draft year end accounts armed with a Tippex pen, heads about ready to explode

Had to comfort Mrs Mottie today. She went to the funeral of her friends son. He committed suicide a few weeks ago. Nobody knows why - he had a good job, a girlfriend and a wide circle of friends. Wasn’t a drinker, a gambler or a drug user. Had only been on a family holiday with his mum a few weeks before. His suicide seems to have been planned because a few days after his death, he had set up a transfer of all his money to go to his mum. Funeral was today on what would have been his 29th birthday. His mum asked for no flowers but for donations to mind. Raised over £3k. All funerals are upsetting but this was even more so. So terribly terribly sad. What a waste of a young life. :(

Sponsored Links
Back