What have you been doing today?

I’m more than a bit annoyed! Mrs Mottie took our dog to the groomers this morning (was booked in for last Thursday but they cancelled at short notice). When she came back she wasn't her usual post groom sweet smelling self (the dog, not Mrs Mottie!). What’s more, she was limping and wouldn’t let us touch her left rear leg. I ran a bath and using our special doggie oatmeal shampoo, gave her a good wash in the bath and a good spray between the pads with the hand held shower and we got three large grass seeds out from between the pads on her left rear and and another one from the front paw. Not good for £45! I was going to phone up and have a moan but Mrs Mottie said no, she's got no confidence in using her again so we’ll find another groomer. She's not one for needless confrontation is Mrs Mottie - unless it’s with me!

Sponsored Links
I've been making up a towing bracket, for the disabled scooter, in readiness for building the trailer for the dog. My original idea, was to make a bracket to fit on the seat post, under the seat, then try to bend some tube into a swan-neck, down to the trailer behind. I then noticed there was a strong, square, chassis member, just at the back, and directly behind the rear wheels, so decided to make a bracket to fit that...

Two flat strips of steel, each with an 8mm hole at either end, and two 8mm bolts, except instead of using the rearmost bolt, I turned a bit of 12mm rod down in the lathe, so I could cut a 8mm thread on the bottom end. in place of a bolt. Making a post, the trailers towing eye could be dropped onto. To prevent the eye coming off, I cross-drilled the 12mm, So a R clip would go through, over the eye.

My next trick is to work out how to allow the trailer to move horizontally, a few degrees, in relation to the scooter.

Avril has been promised a couple of unwanted kids bikes, from the school where she works, as potential donors for their wheels. Once I have those, I can look at how to weld up a chassis for the little trailer.

Yesterday rather than today but went to a TVR event at Lytham Hall near Blackpool.

I could have had a field day for the private plates thread :D

IMG_2784.jpeg

IMG_2765.jpeg

Sponsored Links
I had a few pictures to load but this forum says they’re too large to upload
I’ve got over that before by emailing them to another email account and it then asks what size you want to send them as. You can then choose a smaller version. That might work for you.

I’ve got over that before by emailing them to another email account and it then asks what size you want to send them as. You can then choose a smaller version. That might work for you.
Thanks Mottie, but too much hard work for me. You guys will just have to use your imaginations :D

Had to have my annual blood tests plus one for coeliac as our daughter has been diagnosed with it. Practically drained me - I had to come home, have a cup of sweet tea and a biscuit followed by a lie down.

IMG_2026.jpeg

Went out a couple of hours ago for a nottery ticket.

As I walked into Sainsbury's (a little Local store), I was faced with a staff member wrestling with a "customer" over a shopping bag.

Both were yelling at each other and I think both were surprised that I had joined them. I asked what was going on, as if it wasn't obvious! Weird when I look back at it! I said to the "customer" that if he had paid for what was in the bag, there wouldn't be a problem. He continued to wrestle with the Sainsbury's guy, so I helped get the bag off him. He ran out of the store and I followed him, saying he'd better scarper, as I had used my smart watch to call the fuzz. I hadn't.

The Sainsbury's guy was most grateful that I'd pitched in but what I found bizarre is that there were other members of staff watching it all unfold but they were doing nothing.

Sponsored Links
Back