What have you been doing today?

Me up early, I woke due to the high temperature. Avril got up soon after, likewise woke due to heat, but she wanted to be up early, to catch her transport south, for a few days.

A decade or more ago, in a car boot sale, I picked up a pair of grind stones cheap, for a bench grinder. Only when I got them home, did I realise they were a size too large, for either of my two grinders. I woke early, so decided to see if I could make use of them anyway... They fitted perfectly, but not with the guard in place, or the tool rest. I decided to use one without the guard, and devise a tool rest, from a bit of steel bar. I used to be good at HSS drill bit sharpening, but I'd never been that goof on this grinder as long as I've had it - always blamed myself. The oversized wheel worked great for drill sharpening, so maybe not me losing the nack, after all.

Somewhere, I should have a grinding wheel dressing tool, I bought many years ago. I know I put it in a handy safe place, but I have not so far, been able to find it.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
A decade or more ago, in a car boot sale, I picked up a pair of grind stones cheap, for a bench grinder. Only when I got them home, did I realise they were a size too large, for either of my two grinders. I woke early, so decided to see if I could make use of them anyway...
No rush then Harry… :ROFLMAO:

No rush then Harry… :ROFLMAO:

I didn't actually need them, when I bought them, the bench grinder was almost new - they were cheap, and rather too good to miss. We always try to keep things well stocked, especially trying to buy more, when items are on special offer. So long as what is bought, will keep.

Please please be very very careful modifying power tools.

The best course of action is not to, as that can lead to accidents and injuries.

A DIYnotter here modified a power tool and tragically lost his life using it.

Sponsored Links
Dropped some stuff off at the dump today or as it’s called nowdays, the recycling centre. There were 29 different sections to place our rubbish into. Had to go out and then back in again after dropping some stuff off as some hardcore was underneath other stuff in the back of the Golf but it was one of the first sections we came to.

Picked the cherries. Only enough for 1 pie this year, B****y late frost.
My mum had bloody loads this year - I must have picked them nearly a month ago. Unusually the birds strip the tree but this year she tied CD's and foil strips on it as well as a net to keep them away.

Now that was really funny! :)

Avril's away, visiting. Dog was asleep/dozing in the corner, on her bed, obviously missing her company. I decided to take another look at the Youtube video she'd made, of her standing upstairs, encouraging the dog, to climb on the adapted for her, stairlift at the bottom of the stairs. I've never played the video before at a decent audio volume level, but this time I had it on full.

Dog hears the voice, gets up looking puzzled, strolls over to the bottom of the stairs, climbs on the lift, and waits for someone to press the up button. :) :) :)

Continuing with the installation of pvc panels in the bathroom of my BTL. Installing them over tiles. I think I'm possibly being over enthusiastic with the silicone ... these panels will not be coming off that's for sure!

If there's a shortage of LMN silicone at your builders merchant, that's down to me ;)

Continuing with the installation of pvc panels in the bathroom of my BTL. Installing them over tiles. I think I'm possibly being over enthusiastic with the silicone ... these panels will not be coming off that's for sure!
Hope the panels are UV stabilised or there isn't much natural light in the bathroom.

I'm busy at the moment, considering the practicalities, of my next little project...

A look-alike, for the high priced gadget advertised on TV, by the ex-cricketer Ian Botham. It's just a tens machine, built into foot pad/rests. I've already got the tens machine, quite effective they seem to be, I just need to make up the conductive foot pads.

I'm busy at the moment, considering the practicalities, of my next little project...

A look-alike, for the high priced gadget advertised on TV, by the ex-cricketer Ian Botham. It's just a tens machine, built into foot pad/rests. I've already got the tens machine, quite effective they seem to be, I just need to make up the conductive foot pads.

Is that wise Harry?

Old-Sparky-Photo-by-Kayt-Sukel-DSC04729.jpg

Hope the panels are UV stabilised or there isn't much natural light in the bathroom.
tbh don't know and not overly concerned. Installed to tart the bathroom up a bit. If they need replaced x years down the line due to fading so be it :)

Currently having a break from painting the kitchen. Valspar 'Almond milk'. Might has well not bothered looking at dozens of colour charts and buying tester pots of this and that. B&Q trade magnolia would have been just the same. Of course, when Mrs Mottie comes home I’ll have to agree it looks bloody lovely. Just right. Perfect….. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back