What have you been doing today?

Between me and the wife we’ve saved a fortune on fuel, hairdressing, eating out, yoga classes, trips out to shows and cinemas, holidays, clothes. On my own, spent a fortune on Amazon buying **** I don’t really need........

Sponsored Links
We usually have weekend away once a month either in the camper or hotel & theatre/gig in Mancs, Liverpool or Harrogate, saved a ruddy fortune, need some culture though

I would have saved a lot of i hadn't bought a swimming pool....

Got the slabs level today,, just need to remove more turf.
IMG_20200613_181912760_HDR.jpg

Between me and the wife we’ve saved a fortune on fuel, hairdressing, eating out, yoga classes, trips out to shows and cinemas, holidays, clothes. On my own, spent a fortune on Amazon buying **** I don’t really need........

Must admit, I do miss our little treats and have saved quite a bit we we have then spent it on gardening projects or my wood projects.
Have been sorely tempted to splash out on tools I don't need but would simply like but restrained myself.
Just been asked to make a wall shelf from some pallet boards. Priced them on t'interweb and a small single shelf one, 14" wide with a backplate of 4 x 3 1/2" boards 12" tall is going for £40 The one I have been asked to do is similar height but about 1 metre wide so quoted a price of £75 Nice little earner for a few hours work if accepted.

Sponsored Links
Have been sorely tempted to splash out on tools I don't need but would simply like but restrained myself.
I couldn’t restrain myself. I bought a DeWalt Multi tool, a Karcher K7 premium pressure washer, a Karcher T7 patio head and I’ve ordered a Karcher jet pipe. It’s my latest 'hobby'. So far I’ve sanded down a bench and cleaned my patio. Haven’t used the patio tool or jet pipe yet. Going to get a few car bits to go with it too - Rotating brush, wheel brush and snow foam kit. Hoping I’ll get some use of them in the future although when this is all over, it’ll all probably end up being consigned to the back of my garage or up in the loft along with my golf, fishing, cycling and stargazing gear. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
And now with a cover. It comes with a black cover that was almost impossible to put on, took 3 of us, as it would keep coming off before we could tie it.

Bought a clear tarp, held down with buckets of rubble and bungy ropes. I need to make a drainage hole in the middle.

IMG_20200614_190135896_HDR.jpg

Looking good Jonbey. Do you have a ladder for getting in and out?

If you put a drainage hole in the middle it will defeat part of the purpose of fitting a cover.
Covers are great for keeping leaves etc out of the water, but they should also be able to cause rainwater to run off rather than mix in with the pool water.
The only way I have found to do this is to put a gazebo over the covered pool, which also stops dead flies/insects getting drained in if you put a hole in the cover.
Has it filled up yet? How are you getting on with your pump and heater?

I spent 2 hours up and down ladders cleaning all the outsides of the windows.
Should have got Mottie to pop round with his new toys. :LOL:

Then I cleared out a plastic storage box so I could put my garden table kits in there until ready for a buyer.
Cleaned out my work shed and re-arranged my lumber shed. Pretty knackered after all that to be honest.

As I’ve got the first sign of corn coming in my sweetcorn patch, today I made a covering to protect them from the resident pesky pigeons and squirrels.

7CBFD576-04FF-4861-B451-11887A5BEE36.jpeg

Sponsored Links
Back