What have you been doing today?

Sponsored Links
Probably one of the most used bits of kit in our arsenal. Absolute BOON.
TOP TIP: Buy the multi purpose blades. The wood cutting blades are good but dull very quickly. We always buy the ones with an open back.(y)

Funnily enough, I popped up to check on my workshop today. Went round my mates for a Covid cuppa and a catchup while I was up there and he gave me these as he ordered a box of them. Might use them one day. :rolleyes:

E35EAFBB-34B4-4A83-83C7-9649DF92B401.jpeg

While I was at the workshop, I noticed that weeds had taken hold on my drive. Was going to clear them but CBA.

1FF5DB7B-9193-4ABA-B6C6-B0583A18BB48.jpeg

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Added a socket at the top of the attic stairs as we are going to get the whole house stairwell replastered.
Also added in the 2 extra sockets in my attic room that were put in 13+ years ago but not joined to the ring, and the eaves lighting done at the same time.
I'm quick I am.

I wont bother detailing how well I tested it as I know it will give the sparkies on here something to bitch about :)

Added a socket at the top of the attic stairs as we are going to get the whole house stairwell replastered.
Also added in the 2 extra sockets in my attic room that were put in 13+ years ago but not joined to the ring, and the eaves lighting done at the same time.
I'm quick I am.

I wont bother detailing how well I tested it as I know it will give the sparkies on here something to bitch about :)

Are you inferring that you did not specifically adhere to every single relevant guidance rule?
I think you should contact a qualified electrician who is able to give your new installation a complete and thorough test, enabling him to give you a minor works certificate and a recommendation to have the rest of your house rewired to BS 7671:18 and also have you consumer unit upgraded to a full metal, bullet proof, flame retardant, acid resistant
childproof one containing at least 48 separate circuits to allow for future proofing and every circuit to have 30mA protection or better.

I bet you plugged a lamp in and thought, "Yep, that works." :whistle:

Just received an early Father’s Day pressie by courier from my daughter. A French cheese selection box. Proper stinky too - just as I like it. :D
AB57EC91-8BCC-487E-A096-428CCDD3595E.jpeg

Last edited:
Today I have been walking around non-stop looking for our cat. She's gone missing and very out of character.
Now putting stuff up on social media, informing local vets. Life sucks.

Went for a walk up the local High Street shops today with Mrs Mottie. Bought a few bits and pieces. Small queue's outside most shops (except Marks's food hall - extra long and not moving) and social distancing observed inside but all seem to be doing good business. I’m happy that they can start getting back on their feet at long last.

Today I have been walking around non-stop looking for our cat. She's gone missing and very out of character.
Now putting stuff up on social media, informing local vets. Life sucks.
Ours used to go missing for the odd day on a regular basis and then a few overnights. Smelled of perfume when he came back so we knew someone else was feeding and cuddling him. I may be just that, Sod. They are very independent. Hope you get her back soon. Try Pippa's Army - I think that’s a site specifically for lost and found cats.

Ours killed a magpie this morning... Strange all the other magpies and crows where going mad. The pigeons sitting around watching the commotion

When we lived in Zimbabwe a neighbours cat used to climb through our window and sleep on the end of the bed, we tried to stop it by ty wrapping a mesh over the window but used to sit there tapping on it with its paw, we gave up in the end and became quite fond of it

When we lived in Zimbabwe a neighbours cat used to climb through our window and sleep on the end of the bed, we tried to stop it by ty wrapping a mesh over the window but used to sit there tapping on it with its paw, we gave up in the end and became quite fond of it

Did he bring back presents?

Sponsored Links
Back