Winter fuel allowance

However the main thrust of my comment, was that government departments can not make a sweeping collection of data from multiple peoples' banks accounts based on the criteria of the holder, holds true.
That's what I'm telling you is, in effect incorrect. Repeated referrals to outdated material, or that from those now not in power but who were trying when they were to create a better look, don't matter. What I'm telling you comes from senior folk in HMRC. It's not a state secret .

Sponsored Links
fd7f4c87-e9ff-463e-afa1-d22613291b35.jpeg

Have you any concept of the problems many pensioners face.

Poor eyesight/poor hearing/dementia//Alzheimer's/ loneliness/mobility, but to name just a few of there problems.

Rather than force these pensioners to claim (governments save millions this way), the authorities should be forced to
find these people and ensure they receive such benefits.
Of course I have. Are you assuming your knowledge is better than mine?

If any of them have health problems, they will have seen the information, and judging from personal experiences, have been offered help with it.
Even to get a state pension one has to fill in a form.
What you seem to have in mind is a nanny state on steroids, which most would rightly complain about.

Starmer this morning said anyone getting PC would get WFP, which is what I have been saying would be the obvious thing all along, and he also said as many as possible should be getting PC.

Perhaps you could elucidate on "governments save millions this way"? How many millions? Given that if they "need" the money, they would spend it?
I'll help you, it's 1.7billion unclaimed, plus all the other benefits which come with it - TV licenses, dental treatment and on and on.

"DWP joins forces with charities and broadcasters to encourage pensioners to check their eligibility and apply for Pension Credit."
All a person has to do is pick up a phone.

Sponsored Links
Of course I have. Are you assuming your knowledge is better than mine?

If any of them have health problems, they will have seen the information, and judging from personal experiences, have been offered help with it.
Even to get a state pension one has to fill in a form.
What you seem to have in mind is a nanny state on steroids, which most would rightly complain about.

Starmer this morning said anyone getting PC would get WFP, which is what I have been saying would be the obvious thing all along, and he also said as many as possible should be getting PC.

Perhaps you could elucidate on "governments save millions this way"? How many millions? Given that if they "need" the money, they would spend it?
I'll help you, it's 1.7billion unclaimed, plus all the other benefits which come with it - TV licenses, dental treatment and on and on.

"DWP joins forces with charities and broadcasters to encourage pensioners to check their eligibility and apply for Pension Credit."
All a person has to do is pick up a phone.

860.000 did not do that last year, what makes think this year will be any different?

i recon we will get somthing like up to £250 a week 13/k a year as the cut off for pension credits and pension personal allowance upped to something like £14.300 or £275 a week this will help those worse off the best
That sounds about right, but if you get PC you automatically qualify for various other benefits/allowances. TV, dental, - I don't have a list.

If you check the amount the poorest get with the rest of the EU, we're in the middle somewhere. Hell of a lot better off more than most in the world.

Lying is rife in GD.

Imagine a poster that bashes the Labour party at every given opportunity, suddenl;y saying he's a labour voter, just to seem like he's on top of an argument.

Despicable.

Perhaps you should read this post by me on August 1st.....post 334

Please note it has never been edited.

860.000 did not do that last year, what makes think this year will be any different?
There's constant mention of it by all the agencies I mentioned. They might even read the annual pension statement they get.
Do you want to force them to spend it as well??
Honestly if they're too lazy/proud or whatever, they are making a choice to not get it. How many does that leave?
As I say, if they pick up a phone, ask their doctor, health worker etc etc etc etc, it gets done. Plenty of charities like Age Concern will hold their hand.

They might even read the annual pension statement they get.
I wonder how it comes about. I assume some one on a full state pension doesn't receive any benefits other than maybe housing but don't know how those work.

• a man born on or after 6 April 1951
  • a woman born on or after 6 April 1953
The full rate of the new State Pension will be £221.20 per week in 2024-25 but you may get more or less, depending on your National Insurance (NI) record.

Born before that
  • The full basic State Pension under the old system is currently £169.50 per week for people who have all the qualifying years of NI contributions for their date of birth.
  • If you don't have all the qualifying years of NI contributions, you'll be paid a proportion of the full amount based on the number of years of NI contributions that you do have. For example, if you’ve paid 15 years of NI contributions when you claim, you’re entitled to 15/30th of the full amount – or £84.75 a week.
;) It doesn't pay to be even older.

I did manage to find some details on the type of pension people were taking income from. A high proportion was earnings related, I suppose SERPS and 2nd Pension may fit those also company and private schemes. Some may have paid the higher NI for some period of time.

Perhaps income tax info is used to estimate how many could claim benefits.

I wonder how it comes about. I assume some one on a full state pension doesn't receive any benefits other than maybe housing but don't know how those work.
you will get WFA if you are of pension age and receive one or more of
  • Pension Credit
  • Universal Credit
  • income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
  • income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
  • Income Support
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Working Tax Credit

Pensioners can also receive Attendance allowance

"Pension age" is better than saying "born before date X" because older references will have the date applicable when they were written.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back