Winter fuel allowance

Sponsored Links
Denso states repeatedly 2 people, who may well not need the allowanced. He ignores those that are just above the pension credit level who do rely on the money and will be in fuel poverty this winter due to the actions of the labour government.

Dernso and Labour don't care about fuel poverty.

I deffo need the WFP.
I've got that money pox thing.

Why means test it separately when you can tack it on to pension credit or summat which is already means tested?

Sponsored Links
I deffo need the WFP.
I've got that money pox thing.

Why means test it separately when you can tack it on to pension credit or summat which is already means tested?
thats exactly what means tested means any benefit that is isnt automatic is means tested as in low income level based [such as pension credit]rather age or circumstance triggered regardless off income
i am on around 15k a year no pension credit no winter fuel here but that fine as the youngsters are far far worse off and expected to pay my pension whilst struggling to live 'pay a mortgage @ and have a riotus time

Last edited:
Denso states repeatedly 2 people, who may well not need the allowanced. He ignores those that are just above the pension credit level who do rely on the money and will be in fuel poverty this winter due to the actions of the labour government.

Dernso and Labour don't care about fuel poverty.
Do you think you should pay extra tax to keep the allowance to all pensioners?

Did you forget that you worked all your life, paying into your pension.
Only private pensions work like that.

NI contributions are not "saved" for future returns. :rolleyes:

The UK state pension operates on a pay-as-you-go (PAYG) basis. This means the state pensions of current pensioners are paid out of current general tax revenue (which is disproportionately, but not entirely, paid for by current generations of working-age people).

Yes. Either the pension us enough, or it isn't.

Arguing that all should get extra is not right.

Where does that extra money come from? Those working now, paying taxes.

All these people screaming about wanting to spend more taxpayers money, but moan like hell if it happens.

The country needs some tough decisions. The previous lot ran away from them.

Is it ideal, no. Is it necessary, looks like it

i worked all my life paying taxes that included the pensions off all the retired and others in need
iff no one paid taxes now i would not get a state pension when the money dried up

Do you think you should pay extra tax to keep the allowance to all pensioners?
According to the OP it would cost more to means test the benefit, so what would be the point of it, other than for ideological reasons.

Sponsored Links
Back