Winter fuel allowance

oss just London pensioners who suddenly find their shoe box sized flat in Wandsworth is now worth £1.2 million.
Let's be honest, it is nothing to do with poor pensioners, it is simply anti-Labour. Any decision they make will be criticised by some, even if eminently sensible, that's the way it works.

Sponsored Links
What about your personal tax allowance, your savings interest allowance, your ISA tax free savings allowance etc etc all funded by the taxpayer? Do you 'need' them?

This is the point I raised - deciding which are a "right" and which are means tested.

HMG need to
Design a rule
get it agreed
implementt it
and stop the quibbling just to have a go at the government, whichever colour.

Before anyone asks, no I don't really notice my state pension either. It goes into a particular account with PIP and premium bond wins and random bits of income. Every now and again I put it into something which earns money. Should I pay it back?

Of course theyy know about it. Maybe in your country they don't but in Britain all financial institutions have to report.
Banks don't routinely report to government all pensioners with savings.
The government have a right to ask for it, on a case-by-case basis.
They can't currently collect everyone's account information without due cause.
Under current law, the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) can request details of bank accounts and transactions on a case-by-case basis on suspicion of fraudulent activity.
So it doesn't already happen.

No it doesn't. It's already done.
It would require the above mentioned data lists, and any list created by Share Dealers, if it was available, to be combined.
That alone is three data bases into one. It would require an outsource to a data management organisation. The process of issuing the invitation to tender, and the resulting process would take months, and £m's.

Sponsored Links
Which is what I posted, in my opening post, it will cost more to fully implement, than to carry on as we are.
Show me your figures.

Bearing in mind that the proposal is to limit the payment, to people on Pension Credit.

What about your personal tax allowance, your savings interest allowance, your ISA tax free savings allowance etc etc all funded by the taxpayer? Do you 'need' them?
I see JohnD has clammed up about answering this, the crafty little 'I’m alright jack' tax avoider!

JohnD thinks it’s okay for him to use legal means to avoid tax but not for others to do the same. I call that hypocrisy.

JohnD the hypocrite.

Let's be honest, it is nothing to do with poor pensioners, it is simply anti-Labour.
Watching RWR contort themselves into encouraging state handouts, is hilarious.

In a few posts from now they'll be back to calling folk scroungers and moaning about handouts, lol.

I don't know, I haven't looked.

I think it would be wise, before speculating on how complex, costly or unfair the change might be.

"Reeves said that those not in receipt of pension credit or other means-tested benefits would no longer receive the winter fuel payment worth between £250 and £600.

Jul 29"

It has been mentioned before

I am a pensioner. I am not poor. I don't mind losing that taxpayer handout.

There are people who need it more than me, and the nation is struggling to repair the damage caused by the Cons.

Show me your figures.

Bearing in mind that the proposal is to limit the payment, to people on Pension Credit.

I should have added "or other means-tested benefits"

I don't usually read Justin's nonsense, but he seemed to be fantasising an idea that has not been proposed.

Sponsored Links
Back