Winter fuel allowance

I will ask again.

There are a lot of pensioners on this forum. Anybody want to stand up and actually say the lack of WFA will seriously affect their ability to keep themselves warm over winter? That's all it is intended for, after all.

Is it right when public finances are in such a poor state that it is paid to people who don't need it ? Want, is different to need.

And I would love to see more paid out, but let's look at the finances first. Tough decisions needed, this must have been a tough decision too.

I reconfirm that I do not need it and have no objection to losing it.

Taxpayer handouts should go to those in need.

Sponsored Links
I will ask again.

There are a lot of pensioners on this forum. Anybody want to stand up and actually say the lack of WFA will seriously affect their ability to keep themselves warm over winter? That's all it is intended for, after all.

So you think pensioners savvy enough to post on this site, with the necessary hardware, would be in the group which required handouts?

So you think pensioners savvy enough to post on this site, with the necessary hardware, would be in the group which required handouts?
They are the ones making all the noise about it.

Those in real need are still getting it. So, do you need it ? Will it make you unable to heat your home ?

Tory Austerity left a few public libraries still open.

You have a curiously disparaging view of older people.

Sponsored Links
The docs needed sorting out. Previous inadequate pay rises are the root cause. TBH I wonder about nurses too. I vaguely remembering Blare doing something about their situation at the time to get and keep more.

What are Pay Review Bodies at? Labour have said that some of their increases are based on what they say.

Trains. The Unions can be inclined to look at profits and reach some conclusions on affordability. Negotiation results are usually less than demands. Job losses will always be argued about hoping for a gentler solution. Changes in a jobs scope is another area. Actually from the news I wonder if trains are really ready for that change but pass.

Pay rises are the only fix for prices left by inflation that in this case has been high. I'd suspect the ideal is to recover that over more than 1 year via over inflation level pay rises. If not the problem never goes away.

Somewhat related in terms of black holes and reactions etc. A letter has been leaked that was sent to Hunt. It indicates that part of the problem is due to the Tory not carrying out a spending review since 2021.

All this talk of fuel prices and pensioner income changes. There is another factor - general inflation induced prices in many areas. People don't just buy fuel. That means that we need to trust the gov's judgement. I also suspect there are other routes to help.

They have added those on housing benefits to those who will get the winter fuel payment. Then comes the people who could claim pension credits and haven't. I'd guess the old days when some one could sit down and write simple programs to scan any number of databases and reach conclusions are over. Really the info should already be available.

Problem is, that is a cliff. Above it, you get nowt, below it you get access to the lot.. They haven't just removed the WFP, a while ago, they removed the free TV licence from the over 75's. What next, the bus pass?

Cliff edges always have unintended consequences.

Take a look at UC - you get a set payment. Do some overtime and you have to give a lot back - so people don’t bother.

Same as somebody looking for a better paid job - if the new job doesn’t pay more than existing job and UC - why change?

Problem is, that is a cliff. Above it, you get nowt, below it you get access to the lot.. They haven't just removed the WFP, a while ago, they removed the free TV licence from the over 75's. What next, the bus pass?
And eye tests, dental etc.
Let the wealthy pay. (y)

Tory Austerity left a few public libraries still open.

You have a curiously disparaging view of older people.

The question (do you need the winter fuel allowance) was asked of posters on here.

Have a guess of how many people who are in such straits, would be posting on here.

Pensioners by large are very enterprising, but posting on here will be way down on their list.

The question (do you need the winter fuel allowance) was asked of posters on here.

Have a guess of how many people who are in such straits, would be posting on here.

Pensioners by large are very enterprising, but posting on here will be way down on their list.
And those that need it, still get it.

Lots of wealthier pensioners complaining though

Sponsored Links
Back