All that extra time getting your passport stamped…..

Sponsored Links
Didn’t see anything in those links restricting how many laptops you can take. So far the only limit I have found is 15 electronic devices and a maximum amount of li-ion batteries, that is for an airline.

Temporary export of goods in to the EU can be done VAT free. You can save a fortune.

not my turn you still havent linked the changes to taking stuff into italy which was the original comments no point putting your links up to uk changes . So carry on googling
All goods going in to EU countries from UK (and the RoW) may now be subject to VAT and import duties applicable for each EU member nation.

Sponsored Links
Didn’t see anything in those links restricting how many laptops you can take. So far the only limit I have found is 15 electronic devices and a maximum amount of li-ion batteries, that is for an airline.

Temporary export of goods in to the EU can be done VAT free. You can save a fortune.
As long as they are temporary, or they have been in your possession for some time.
If you are found to be making false statements to avoid payment of appropriate taxes and duties, it would be a hefty punishment, and probably confiscation.

Temporary can be up to 2 years, depending on the goods and they just need to be taken outside the EU for 24 hours to reset the clock.

Not something we could do while inside the EU.

Temporary can be up to 2 years, depending on the goods and they just need to be taken outside the EU for 24 hours to reset the clock.

Not something we could do while inside the EU.
It's 18 month, (unless you are not using it for the additional 6 months) and you must carry your certificate of VAT status.
The VAT is usually paid at the first port of call.
If the boat has a category of unpaid VAT, you would probably be expected to pay the VAT, or some form of bond.
Similarly, if and when you return to UK, if you have not paid VAT on the purchase of the boat, you would be charged VAT om entry.

Leaving the EU, and returning to the same country after a very short time would be considered an abuse of the Customs regulations.

There are also restrictions on who can use the boat while it remains in EU.

Yep. On the list he goes.
I see now why some describe those using the ignore function as weak. They obviously prefer to avoid the truth.

I see Motorbiking has seen my response but is unable to justify his claim of his supposed exporting and importing of boats without paying VAT.
It is a shame because it is an area on expertise of mine, so I would have enjoyed discussing it with him.

If that were true, you'd know how to do it.
Illegally, yes. Legally, no. It can't be done.
If you export a boat, it cannot be registered in its country of origin.
If it is not registered in its country of origin, it will have a certificate stating VAT not paid.
VAT will have to be paid in its country of registration, on arrival.

If you do manage to keep a boat, illegally, with VAT unpaid, the certificate will still say VAT unpaid on selling the boat, and VAT will have to be paid then.

Sponsored Links
Back