Anyone on here still pay roaming charges?

Everybody’s is. Even was before Brexit.
It is now for UK users, which probably does not equate to their 'home' allowance. In addition any additional charges are not capped.
Whereas EU customers enjoy similar roaming allowances to their 'home' allowance, and any additional charges are capped.
If Brexit never happened UK customers would enjoy those same benefits.

Sponsored Links
If you remove the word 'mobile' from your statement, I'd say you have your shìtty Brexit, pretty much weighed up. (y)
You won’t need one of my Brexit mobile sims as you’ve already admitted to cutting you schnoz off to spite your face.

You won’t need one of my Brexit mobile sims as you’ve already admitted to cutting you schnoz off to spite your face.
Actually it was brexiteers who did that...

But if you don't think that is true there is a way to refute it...

After your years of silence on the subject of revealing a 'brexit bonus' now would be a good time to do so ;)

Sponsored Links
Come on everybody. What have you got. Let us know. I’ll go first:
ID mobile. £8/Month. Unltd calls and texts, 20Gb data with unused rollover, inclusive EU roaming up to 30Gb
Next!
Pretty good deal.

I haven't got data. I rely on free Wi-Fi.

Pretty good deal.

I haven't got data. I rely on free Wi-Fi.
I probably only need about 2 or 3 Gb nowdays. I had the phone/internet disconnected from the workshop during lockdown and whenever I’ve been up there I just use my mobile for calls and tether the PC and Firestick to my that and use my data allowance. I suppose I could drop down to a 4Gb plan for £6 a month - still with unlimited calls and texts plus EU roaming. Pah! £6 a month for all that. When I got my first mobile in 1986, I paid around £1800 for it, £50 connection charge and £25 a month service charge with no inclusive minutes. They cost 50p a minute or part minute. Texts and data hadn’t been invented at that time! Average monthly bill was around the £40/50 mark.

Last edited:
I'm with O2, I pay £10/month, and for that I get 8Gb of data, unlimited calls and texts. Unused data rolls over, but I only ever use about 1Gb, so I don't need 8Gb. I only make about 30 minutes of calls each month, too.
Unlimited texts don't interest me as I mainly use Whatsapp.
I have O2 rewards, so I get 10% of my £10 back each month, making my tariff only £9 monthly.
I could probably save the price of a cup of coffee each month if I switched provider, but hey ho.

Of course, I’ve forgot, despite showing a U.K. flag as his 'location', Himmy actually lives in France so he will be paying in Euro's. Yet another schoolboy error that gives him away.
Prices in most of the EU are quoted in €'s. Everybody expects to pay in €'s when in France. :rolleyes:
You can pay in pounds whenever you're in France, if you like, but you'll be expected to pay the same amount in pounds as the prices quoted in euros.

Last edited:
Come on everybody. What have you got. Let us know. I’ll go first:
ID mobile. £8/Month. Unltd calls and texts, 20Gb data with unused rollover, inclusive EU roaming up to 30Gb
Next!
Actually just checked and because I joined before June 2023, the fair usage policy doesn’t apply to me so should I let my 20Gb roll over, I’d be able to use 40Gb abroad. Not bad considering some thought I wouldn’t be getting any inclusive roaming. ;)

I swear you can get free coffee or greggs if you're with o2.
If you are with anyone and get a coffee at no charge from Greggs, you are paying for it so you will be getting an 'inclusive' coffee from Greggs because you couldn’t just go in and ask for a 'free' coffee.

Sponsored Links
Back