being a soldier.

Sponsored Links
Freddie said:
stuff all that i want to know what he meant about WW1 and WW2 soldiers
what I meant was .did the families of all the british soldiers blame the then government or prime minister :confused: they were paid to fight for their country whether it be in france or where ever they were posted.sounds similar to the american vietnam n n n n n n n nineteen that went on.

Freddie said:
ohmygodwhathaveyoudone said:
Freddie said:
stuff all that i want to know what he meant about WW1 and WW2 soldiers
what I meant was .did the families of all the british soldiers blame the then government or prime minister :confused: they were paid to fight for their country whether it be in france or where ever they were posted.sounds similar to the american vietnam n n n n n n n nineteen that went on.

No they blamed the enemy ( the Germans and Japanese ) who were attacking their country and it's interests and killing their family members at home and in what ever country they were serving in.

Thankfully we won and gained our supposed freedom to be able to post on stupid forums like this to answer the ridiculas questions from halfwit ars eholes like yourself, who appear to be so ill informed of what went on in the past or are just downright stupid and ungratefull for all the sacrifices that were made to ensure scum like yourself are allowed to breath.

Personally i think it was a waste of good mens lives and the effort would have been better spent for Adolf Hitler to over run England and just exterminate the Amoeba's that gave life to cretins like yourself
nice to see freddie hasn't lost any of his charm, don't worry ohmygodwhathaveyoudone i understood the gist of what you were saying but won't resort to freddie's taunts about totally missing the point as he has done.

Sponsored Links
if i was a postman i would deliver letters.if i was a doctor i would treat people.if i was a mechanic i would mend cars.if i was a soldier i would go fight whever it be france/iraq/ireland/the moon.i would be paid for doing the job as all the other jobs mentioned.the people took it upon themselves to be a soldier ,no one forced them to do it.personally i have lost close friends in ireland,even friends flying helicopters in peacetime in scotland.freddie how can you be so abusive to someone who is trying to put across their opinion whever it be right or wrong.i 'm not going to be dragged into a slanging match so I will leave it at that. :evil:

Freddie said:
I understand exactly what he means, but it is his comparason of Iraq or Vietnam in his point as to what happened in WW1 and WW2, it just shows in my point total ignorance either that his teachers never taught him or he never bothered to listen.

You had no choice but to go and fight in those wars, you were given a white feather to wear compulsary in WW1 if you didnt go and sent down the pit to work in WW2, besides that if we had lost none of us would be here, so you comparason as to what you were saying is so removed from the reality of the situation.
whether they were voluntary or drafted isn't the issue, what he was saying was, did all those families of lost ones all blame the government no, because when a country goes to war, death is expected. To blame the government when as you suggest it may be voluntary is worse as if you object so much then you should not go in the first place.
these soldiers had to go they signed up for god's sake.

kendor said:
Freddie said:
I understand exactly what he means, but it is his comparason of Iraq or Vietnam in his point as to what happened in WW1 and WW2, it just shows in my point total ignorance either that his teachers never taught him or he never bothered to listen.

You had no choice but to go and fight in those wars, you were given a white feather to wear compulsary in WW1 if you didnt go and sent down the pit to work in WW2, besides that if we had lost none of us would be here, so you comparason as to what you were saying is so removed from the reality of the situation.
whether they were voluntary or drafted isn't the issue, what he was saying was, did all those families of lost ones all blame the government no, because when a country goes to war, death is expected. To blame the government when as you suggest it may be voluntary is worse as if you object so much then you should not go in the first place.
EXACTLY........................................ :rolleyes:
these soldiers had to go they signed up for god's sake.

........ what about ALL the british soldiers in ww1 & ww2 :confused:

I guess they were fighting for their and our very existence ..

Iraq ? Who really gives a tinkers toss for them ? They'll fight for power among themselves mangling women, children and innocents in the process .. Everyone knew this would happen .. are the problems abating ? Nah !! Chucking money and lives down a huge hole for SFA !!
:mad:

Indeed the whole point is that we still do not know why we went to war. The Uk seems to have joined in because America asked us to. But why did America go to war. The only answer I have seen which makes any sense is oil. Before, Iraqi oil was officially embargoed and would stay embargoes for so long as Sadam refused to cooperate. Now the Americans have some hope it will flow again, freedom fighters permitting.

America had got itself into the position where its only weapon against Sadam was oil sanctions and it was hurting America much more than him. So they decided it would be better to have a quick cowboy shoot-out and deluded themselves into thinking all the Iraqis would be happy about being invaded by America.

Damocles said:
Indeed the whole point is that we still do not know why we went to war.
I think if there was a reason for a war then I think people will accept the death but not when there isn't a reason. If Tony Blair said" Look Saddam is murdering his own people and got to be remove", then I think people will accept the war but not scaring us into 45 mins bombing us and with the WMD lies. Parents cannot accept death from loved one base on lies and I think this is what the argument is about (?)

I do agree with you regarding an oil war because there are many people being killed by their own country and yet Blair & Bush turned a blind eye.

All great for arms sales .. sell to the despot .. wait 'til he murders a few million ... use own weapons with replacement to remove despot from power .... Hey up! the rich get richer and the poor ... get poorer !!
:D

Freddie said:
if i was a postman i would deliver letters.if i was a doctor i would treat people.if i was a mechanic i would mend cars.if i was a soldier i would go fight whever it be france/iraq/ireland/the moon.i would be paid for doing the job as all the other jobs mentioned.the people took it upon themselves to be a soldier ,no one forced them to do it.personally i have lost close friends in ireland,even friends flying helicopters in peacetime in scotland.freddie how can you be so abusive to someone who is trying to put across their opinion whever it be right or wrong.i 'm not going to be dragged into a slanging match so I will leave it at that. :evil:

The whole point is none of the people in the world wars wanted to fight and payment if you can call it that was just a joke, they certainly didnt fight for money or reward, survival basically.

Abusive, well what you said to the memory of those in WW1 and WW2 to is more abusive than i could ever be, even comparing them to Iraq or Vietnam is farcical in the extreme, put it like this the ones you mentioned are political ventures even Northern Ireland, the world wars, no politics fight or die simple as that, and if you knew anything of say WW1 and what they endured you would understand what those poor soles went through, why it was call the Great War or the Last War to End All Wars, and what Poppy Day means because of the slaughter what went on.

You imply that they got some kind of reward for their adventure ewven if it was a days wage, thats a joke mate and i think you ought to go and get a book to see what really happened, a little insight------A million round artillary barrage, poisonous gas, living in hell, the whistle blows, you climb out of a hole and run towards the enemy a hundred yards away through dead and mud straight into his machine guns at point blank range, if you didnt go or turned to run away, your commanding officer would shoot you on sight or put you in front of a firing squad the next day, and you imply that these men wanted to go and fight for reward
no-one is denying war is an atrocious thing but where does that link to the original thread of blaming the government for it?

Sponsored Links
Back