Build, build, build.

Sigh.

I was simply talking about companies making large profits and paying fat dividends.

And muggins customers foot the bill.

I used to pay £169 a month for gas and electricity before the prices went mad. Bear in mind there was still a healthy chunk of profit in that.

Now, I am paying £350.

Frustration is an inevitable consequence of trying to reason with Gassy the Lackwit.

Sponsored Links
So the challenges for the government:
Meeting housing targets
Ensuring the supporting infrastructure is in place: roads, drainage and other services, schools, medical centres, sports facilities, play areas.
Suitable allocation of affordable housing.

That assumes the government can persuade the private sector to build out what is in there existing land bank. And that a skilled workforce is available to do it.

My bet is that all these duties will land on under funded local government and social housing providers.

I'd suggest there may be a link between the number of the above and the amount of lifestyle inflicted problems for the NHS to fix.

Next door to my brother, hardly a day passes without a moped arriving carrying takeaways. McDees, pizzas - couple of weeks ago I saw Sunday lunch arrive in a bag from KFC. They never walk anywhere and often arrive home in the car with Costa coffee. Each week the recycling goes out - box filled with Dominos boxes and coffee cups. I imagine their kitchen is virtually as new and unused.

But you are happy for more doctors or nurses or carers or architects or engineers, if they are needed though?

Yes, as a temporary stopgap in a properly managed and controlled way - until Starmer trains our own people. But what percentage of the great unwashed flocking here will ever take up positions in the professions or work in essential services?

Sponsored Links
Sigh.

I was simply talking about companies making large profits and paying fat dividends.

And muggins customers foot the bill.

I used to pay £169 a month for gas and electricity before the prices went mad. Bear in mind there was still a healthy chunk of profit in that.

Now, I am paying £350.
even bigger sigh no you said there was problems
regardless of what your paying you said there was problems with the gas network due to lack of investment yet your not able to say what the problems are or what that lack of investment is .
And as for what you are now paying give Vladimir a wee call he might give you a rebate

Two big problems as I see them are a lack of investment and feeding the shareholders. The latter means inflated bills, which means less money for customers to spend in the economy.

Regarding investment and the actual nuts and bolts of the distnet, there are old underground pipes that are leaky and others where water is getting into the supply.

To my mind, if there was the right level of investment in a company, they would be replacing older parts of the network or upgrading before any issues became apparent, not waiting until problems appeared before being forced to react.

Uncontrolled, too. Exactly what we got, under the tories.

I wasn't advocating for a free-for-all, but you'd know that I had already posted that.

But despite it being the previous government's unwillingness or inability to actually do its job, you would rather blame anyone but the real culprits.
Treaty of Mastrict - John Major
Uncapped migration of expanded EU (free for all) - Tony Blair
Treaty of Lisbon - Gordon Brown

I think you'll find the foundations were laid before the last government - with it being 2:1 labour's watch. Had Blair eased on the brakes likes other countries did, I suspect we'd still be in the EU.

I think you'll find the foundations were laid before the last government - with it being 2:1 labour's watch. Had Blair eased on the brakes likes other countries did, I suspect we'd still be in the EU.

All the paper and signatures in the world are worth jack, without action.

Actually policing our moat - the last shower.

Oh, wait.............................

Two big problems as I see them are a lack of investment and feeding the shareholders. The latter means inflated bills, which means less money for customers to spend in the economy.

Regarding investment and the actual nuts and bolts of the distnet, there are old underground pipes that are leaky and others where water is getting into the supply.

To my mind, if there was the right level of investment in a company, they would be replacing older parts of the network or upgrading before any issues became apparent, not waiting until problems appeared before being forced to react.
if your on about the gas network water has always got into the supply which is why syphons were fitted and were it gets pumped out from . There has been a mains/service renewal programme in place for decades with tens of billions spent and with the renewals well ahead of targets . You obviously never googled enough .
And as for those shareholder dividends where do you think your private pension gets its growth from to pay you

Last edited:
They are mostly foreign owned, the profits no doubt get syphoned off and go elsewhere.

We live in a global economy. Money is global too. Fact of life. If serious money needed debt will always figure. Shareholder interest is purely yearly dividends not how much we have paid them over a number of years.

Are there billions of pure uk money around? Well there is world wide. Gov does it. Big deal debt will still figure and it will be added to their books.

All these ifs - not going to waste my time. It's never as simple as people are inclined to think. A global economy has it's effects and has. Money being global also has.

Tories took us out of the EU, in case you didn't notice, so none of the above have been relevant for a number of year. Immigration is a net benefit to the economy, which is one reason why parties say they will control it but fail to.

Sponsored Links
Back