Can Kamala Harris win?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had read that Kamala Harris is useless and divisive. But I've just watched some of her speech from the other day, and what struck me, after the Biden/Trump psychodrama, was what a breath of fresh air it was to have a candidate who seems vaguely normal. Someone who seems intelligent and who speaks passionately and articulately in proper sentences.

I know the received wisdom is that Trump cannot lose after the assassination attempt. But the received wisdom is also that a President who tries to overturn a lawful election and whose supporters invade the nation's parliament, intent on killing lawmakers, and cause the death of six people, should have no chance. These are very strange times. And a lot of commentators are saying that, in any event, Trump squandered his assassination bounce with the worst convention speech in history.

I don't follow US politics enough to know whether she appeals to women or black people or Hispanic people or any of the groups they seem to talk about. But maybe she will just appeal to normal people! She seems more relatable than Hillary Clinton and doesn't have all the baggage.

Apparently, Trump is now hedging over whether he will agree to a debate. Interestingly, I had read that, after the Biden debate debacle, Trump deliberately went easy on him because he was desperate for Biden not to stand down. Maybe he is a bit spooked. Would losing to a woman of colour be his worst nightmare?

Sponsored Links
At least she has a chance, Biden didn't.

Ironic that, as a prosecutor, she is up against a convicted felon.

It looks like she is having her first big rally today. I'll be interested to see how she does. I really don't know much about her.

Sponsored Links
And a lot of commentators are saying that, in any event, Trump squandered his assassination bounce with the worst convention speech in history.

I have to admit that I haven't actually watched any of it. But I've just been reading that, at one point, he praised the "late great Hannibal Lecter". If so, that's seriously weird!!!

At least she has a chance, Biden didn't.

Ironic that, as a prosecutor, she is up against a convicted felon.
A point already made in her campaign video - "...she prosecutes sex offenders. He (Trump) is one."
The Orange blowhard reckons she'll be easier to beat but his nickname for her - 'laffin Kamala' is not off to a good start. If she doubles down on abortion rights and issues it'll be a big problem for the GoP. Trump's running mate won't be any help and Trump is so vulnerable in that area. It's going to be interesting to see who Kamala picks for a running mate. A New Jersey Democart has been mentioned.

As I pointed out in another thread on this subject. America is the most racially backward, mysogynistic, male dominated go hung country in the world in my opinion. Kamala Harris is a coloured woman and an ex vp. She will have a huge job to bring the american people over to her side especially the idiots who support the idiot trump. I sincerely hope she can beat him and his followers but I think she has an uphill struggle. I wish her all the luck in the world for the sake of america and the rest of the world.

Obama was a popular president, but he has yet to declare his support for Harris which must be a concern for her and her supporters.

A point already made in her campaign video - "...she prosecutes sex offenders. He (Trump) is one."
The Orange blowhard reckons she'll be easier to beat but his nickname for her - 'laffin Kamala' is not off to a good start. If she doubles down on abortion rights and issues it'll be a big problem for the GoP. Trump's running mate won't be any help and Trump is so vulnerable in that area. It's going to be interesting to see who Kamala picks for a running mate. A New Jersey Democart has been mentioned.
Is that a new word for a full shopping trolley? ;)

As I pointed out in another thread on this subject. America is the most racially backward, mysogynistic, male dominated go hung country in the world in my opinion. Kamala Harris is a coloured woman and an ex vp. She will have a huge job to bring the american people over to her side especially the idiots who support the idiot trump. I sincerely hope she can beat him and his followers but I think she has an uphill struggle. I wish her all the luck in the world for the sake of america and the rest of the world.
She doesn't need to. It's the floating voters that are wanted.

Obama was a popular president, but he has yet to declare his support for Harris which must be a concern for her and her supporters.
Maybe he's still trying to persuade his wife to run.

Now that would be a real first!

Barak Obama as first lady. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back