Congratulations sir kier

Brexit? Utter failure boyo.

The Tories went from being the super-majority party that could do no wrong - to one of the worst most heavily defeated in history. All thanks to your shítty Brexit. It was always a Tory badge of shame and it came back to haunt them. It's no accident all the Brexiteers are now extinct or impotent.

Shmucks.

Oh :giggle:

Take a few deep breaths noseall :giggle:

There is always the hope of the Scottish solution for you ?? ;)

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
My wife has taken on a new girl at work recently, when she started the selection process by going through the CV's she rejected one simply on the grounds she was a vegan (not sure why someone would feel the need to include that on a cv but possibly what Brigadier said).
I said to her 'that's a bit strong love' and she said 'I worked with one once, never again'.

Reminds me of a bloke I used to know years back, if he got 50 cv's in the post, before opening any he's throw half of them in the bin, he reckoned it weeded out 'unlucky' people.

I was sat next to a vegan on a flight, no problem but she was really awkward with cabin crew and barely acknowledged my existence, when the breakfast arrived I had a decent sized sausage, I made a big show of eating it small bites accompanied by lots of mmmms

Reminds me of a bloke I used to know years back, if he got 50 cv's in the post, before opening any he's throw half of them in the bin, he reckoned it weeded out 'unlucky' people.

Employers do such things when there is an overwhelming number of suitable applicants for every post.

As the number of people of working age drops, and those with appropriate skills and experience drops faster, he will be scouring the streets.

If he had an engineering business in the Midlands, he would be planning the closedown date of the company according to the approaching retirement age of the remaining workers.

Total debt is 98% GDP, repayments are happily less.
UkDeptGDP.jpg

You can clearly see the effect of the banking crisis and covid. Ukraine effect is very largely inflation. Other sources indicate debt peaked at 107%

Net and gross - pass. Copying nos from a google rather than their site.
1. Main points. UK general government gross debt was £2,720.8 billion at the end of Quarter 4 (Oct to Dec) 2023, equivalent to 101.3% of gross domestic product (GDP). UK general government deficit (or net borrowing) was £40.8 billion in Quarter 4 2023, equivalent to 6.0% of GDP.

Last edited:
Take any group - nurses, say. Well educated and important people for sure, but I don't want them controlling the country's finances

Holding the country to ransom.

Like wealthy pensioners with houses far beyond what is affordable for many now, or racist bigots, or morons who think the country's ills are down to brown people.

There was a time when MPs were paid privately.
This led to all sorts of corruption.
Nowadays MPs are paid by the state, maybe it's about time political parties were funded by the state and donations by private interests were banned.

Oh, so when trans had a whinge about ANY cruelty to animals, he just meant any cruelty that doesn't affect his enjoyment of meat. In other words, cruelty is ok in his eyes as long as he gets his chops.

Just in case you hadn't seen his post.....
You have point of sorts but animals eat other animals to survive and humans are just another animal.
I don't know whether the human race could survive without animal derived products, a lot of vegans don't look very healthy.

Looking up where the UK comes in terms of relative wealth etc, an interesting fact popped out. Number one near enough, in terms of PPP (well-off-ness) is Ireland.
Irelands economic figures are distorted by the presence of 100s of foreign companies which use Ireland to launder their profits.
These profits aren't earned in Ireland but they contribute to Ireland's GDP figures.
A better measurement would be consumption public and private.

If only there was some organisation capable of agreeing and upholding rules for profit-hiding and tax-avoiding among numerous countries so they could have fair taxation without being tricked into undercutting each other.

Sponsored Links
Back