Damp homes, and private tenants

Fingers in ears, and shout. Can't hear what's being said then.

Obviously these poor quality rental homes don't exist.

I've seen houses that I wouldn't buy, that have been rented out shortly after.

But all landlords are high quality.
Why do you persist with this misinformation drivel?

Can you point to one person in this thread who has suggested poor quality rental homes don't exist?

We're all aware that there are:

Sh1te landlords.
Sh1te properties let out by sh1te landlords.

There, is that going to placate you?

Sponsored Links
Apparently? Do you have a link?

Exposure%20Map_0.jpg

Sponsored Links
Yes it does, there's no flies on you, and it confirms what I said about retrofit cavity fill not being advisable down the west coast.

The article also says that it depends what the outer leaf of the building is made of / from.

The principal change was that the use of full-fill cavity wall insulation was not permitted in areas of very severe exposure to wind-driven rain where fairfaced masonry is used for the outer leaf. However, the rules also reflected the reduced risk where impermeable and rendered outer leaf constructions were used and therefore permitted the use of full fill insulation.

You haven't realised that putting someone on ignore, along with metaphorically rolling one's eyes when "that poster" comes along, are materially the same as the default position of "it's the tenant's fault", have you?

In simper terms, start with "it's them, it's their fault, they're wrong", and grudgingly row back from there.
You haven't realised, when someone states as follows without knowing diddly squat about me, I'm inclined to either ignore their posts in the traditional sense or, as I've done here, actually put them on ignore.

Stick to managing your poorly insulated, Rigsby shītholes boyo

Why do you persist with this misinformation drivel?

Can you point to one person in this thread who has suggested poor quality rental homes don't exist?

We're all aware that there are:

Sh1te landlords.
Sh1te properties let out by sh1te landlords.

There, is that going to placate you?
Most if not all landlords in here are saying it is nearly always 100% the tenants.

There, is that going to make you open your eyes

Irrespective of fillys laughable and desperate (failed) attempt at trying to discredit insulation it does not detract from the fact that to eradicate black spot mould you need to adequately insulate the walls. Ventilation is not enough. Not even close.
As I have said in this thread, the best method for older houses is to fix PIR directly to the walls.

Last edited:
Oh look why they say they are important . To remove damp air and prevent mould in these super efficient insulated NEW houses

Most if not all landlords in here are saying it is nearly always 100% the tenants.

There, is that going to make you open your eyes
It will depend on the scenarios experienced by the landlord. For example my post #12. No issues pre or post those tenants. So what am I likely to conclude?

I'm not going round and round with you either. Broadly, there are some on here with a chip on their shoulder when it comes to PRS and no amount of discussion will change that.

Sponsored Links
Back