Damp homes, and private tenants

1720008043768.png

Sponsored Links
You are either trolling or are unable to show where the tenant is 100% responsible (and not the building) for black spot mould.

I'll wait...
Wait all you like.

Btw, in your post #147 you've quoted me as saying something I haven't, certainly not in this thread. Resorting to misquoting people eh, deary deary me ...

This from the above report:

This leads to the most sensitive area – the inference of blame on the resident and the associated onus on them when it is often not solely their issue. Our call for evidence revealed an immense frustration and sense of unfairness at the information residents are sometimes provided by landlords about issues like condensation and mould. This reoccurred so often it is appropriate to call it systemic. I met with residents who spoke about feeling patronised, even stigmatised. While I appreciate this is not intended, I would urge engagement with residents to review communication and literature, working together with them to co-design meaningful advice that shares responsibility and supports them at a distressing time. In doing so I hope the word ‘lifestyle’, when it may be a consequence of limited choices, is banished from the vernacular.

Whilst I don't completely disagree with some of this (see my post #12) and yes, there will be properties that are damp/mouldy no matter what a tenant does, is it really the case that many (most?) tenants can't be jumping on Google to search 'ways to prevent damp and mould' if they see it starting to appear?

And in my view, lifestyle should not be banished from the vernacular as it's very much a contributing factor in some cases.

Sponsored Links
This thread is specifically about damp and black spot mould. Can you tell me an instance where it is the tenants fault 100%, when it occurs?
If you want to moan about damaged furnishings or whatever, start a thread boyo.
See my post #12. Real life example. Btw PLEASE don't reply asking more questions as I won't answer, you are becoming very tiresome, misquoting, repeatedly asking the same question.

Pat Ex would be proud.

You seriously believe that builders, architect's and designers base their anti black spot mould design strategy around whether a tenant or homeowner opens a window or not?
FFS! :rolleyes:
Stick to managing your poorly insulated, Rigsby shītholes boyo, you are seriously out of your depth here.
I know who's out of their depth and it isn't me. As for the bib, it kind of sums you up.

Anyways, congratulations, in all my years on this forum I've only ever put one person on ignore. Soon to become two ...

'You are ignoring content by this member'

Bliss, sheer bliss ...

You haven't realised that putting someone on ignore, along with metaphorically rolling one's eyes when "that poster" comes along, are materially the same as the default position of "it's the tenant's fault", have you?

In simper terms, start with "it's them, it's their fault, they're wrong", and grudgingly row back from there.

You haven't realised that putting someone on ignore, along with metaphorically rolling one's eyes when "that poster" comes along, are materially the same as the default position of "it's the tenant's fault", have you?

In simper terms, start with "it's them, it's their fault, they're wrong", and grudgingly row back from there.
Fingers in ears, and shout. Can't hear what's being said then.

Obviously these poor quality rental homes don't exist.

I've seen houses that I wouldn't buy, that have been rented out shortly after.

But all landlords are high quality.

You seriously believe that builders, architect's and designers base their anti black spot mould design strategy around whether a tenant or homeowner opens a window or not?
FFS! :rolleyes:
Stick to managing your poorly insulated, Rigsby shītholes boyo, you are seriously out of your depth here.
If they didn't think it was partly down to ventilation then why do windows have trickle vents . Oh I can see you never thought that one through

This thread is specifically about damp and black spot mould. Can you tell me an instance where it is the tenants fault 100%, when it occurs?
If you want to moan about damaged furnishings or whatever, start a thread boyo.
nosefall I answered your question, are you as thick as you come accross, boyo

Sponsored Links
Back