EV are they worth it?

Sponsored Links
For the thread regular who raved about public transport, I hope he's not affected by this. Nothing really beats a nice ICE, no drama, no nothing.

...except, perhaps, another ICE...

Because that's the same statistical hurdle that you fall flat on your face with, when it comes to EV fire risks. Now you're trying to paint a picture that rail travel is less safe than car travel. You will, of course, make a fool of yourself in that endeavor too... :rolleyes:

Ah! I remember that one! (It's easy when there are so few...;) ).

Faulty charger. Stuff-all to do with the EV. The battery is underneath the car... y'know... the bit where the paint is still intact...:ROFLMAO:
The point was the insurers made an assessment and concluded EVs have higher risk. Consequently EV owners are penalized with higher house insurance cost. Flooding, condensation, cola spill, etc are irrelevant.

Sponsored Links
The battery management system in the vehicle should be able to detect a defective charger and disconnect the battery before the battery is damaged.
The battery management system cannot make a different. The detonation is with in lithium. It goes up from water contact, temperature trauma, short circuit, and kinetic trauma. When these incidents occur, there is only seconds before chain reaction and explosion.

Here's a recap of the 2nd most abundant substance in day to day life: water reacting with lithium. This applies to water derivatives such as tea, coffee, cola, ketchup, etc. Short circuiting from salt water is a separate and unrelated source of ignition.

Anyone who's done any DIY at all, knows water gets everywhere. It can be carried by air and condenses at a place exactly where you don't want it. Vented or corrode-able-shell lithium based batteries are basically sitting time bombs.

Last edited:
Anyone who's done any DIY at all, knows water gets everywhere. It can be carried by air and condenses at a place exactly where you don't want it. Vented or corrode-able-shell lithium based batteries are basically sitting time bombs.

I remember that, from school chemistry lessons.

Sponsored Links
Back