Expanded ULEZ

Yes, it looks pernicious.

Khan's lot are talking about extending the ULEZ to the M25. If they include it, what about foreign trucks, do they all comply?

Sponsored Links

Khan's lot are talking about extending the ULEZ to the M25. If they include it, what about foreign trucks, do they all comply?

No idea about the foreign trucks. Though slightly off topic, worryingly I read that a significant number of foreign truckers have no idea what a smart motorway is.

We have our own Khan clone as mayor. Clueless, grabbing berk called Marvin Rees. Before, it was some ultra-lefty tw@t in red trousers.

Yep we noticed that when visiting my grandson in the childerens hospital, luckily if your a hospital visitor your excempt, there is a terminal inside where you put in your reg no, so next time you want to go into town make a diversion to the hospital first

Thanks for the tip. Will remember in case I inadvertently stray into the twilight zone.

Sponsored Links
At the same time the owners also said they were still being perused by the the recovery agent.

busy doing 3 things at once :D

The rules for chasing unenforceable or legally disputed debts are very clear.

The bigger issue is the breach of Data protection law allowing Euro Parking Collection (EPC) to access the EU/regional DVLA equivalent data for fines that are not within the scope of the data sharing directive (speeding, red light etc, but not emission zone fines).

given Brexit, I suspect EPC, may be incorrectly completing the data requests and may themselves get a fine. Either way these fines are unlikely to be enforceable outside the UK.

Last edited:

No, but who cares?
They don't pay any fine.
I don't think it will include the M25
View attachment 301445

The purple boundary on the map excludes the M25, where the map crosses the M25.

I understand that TfL now use an external agency (European Parking Charges, or somethung like that: EPC) to chase drivers of foreign vehicles.
BUT, there are apparently problems with postal delivery times, e.g. when the post doesn't arrive until after the 14 day grace period for reduced penalty, etc.

There may also be another legal angle, which I don't believe has been tested yet; the 'scappage scheme' is only available for a limited number of drivers.
Rubbish.
This might (might) have worked in EU times.
Now there would be no chance because the equivalent of dvla in other eu countries won't share the details they hold, same as the dvla here won't.
My neighbour has been driving a car on polish plates for the past few years and never bothered with speed cameras, limited access zones and parking tickets.
Nothing happened.

Even if it did, it wouldn’t include those ON the M25 just as now, it goes up to but doesn’t include those ON the A406/205
Are you sure it wouldn't, couldn't, ever?
As the organism expands, amoeba-like consuming all, yesterday's huge concession becomes tomorrow's minor increment

If you follow the narrative that vehicles' emissions need to be stopped, the M25 is a great place to do it.

Not anymore.

Back in the day, I used to regularly do multidrop deliveries in vehicles up to 7.5t.

But you missed my rude joke...

I don't want to pay to enter any LEZ.
You'd have to be driving a vehicle over 3½ tonnes. Is that likely?

IMG_4853.gif

Well, the legal challenge by 5 London boroughs starts today. I’m not holding out much hope.

If anyone stands as mayor to scrap it, I think they will win. But we all know the ULEZ money is needed to plug Khan's budget and has nothing to do with pollution. He's spent a few million telling us otherwise. Anyone else wanting to take over will have to find the money from somewhere and Khan's brilliant idea of taxing those who can't vote him out is a blinder.

Sponsored Links
Back