Expanded ULEZ

I watched a video of a chap with an air quality meter, it was reading 11 somethings at a busy road junction and 50+ wotsits down in the tube.
(I cannot remember what the unit was nor can I provide a URL to the video).
IT was compared to what TFL were saying is bad, it was (according to tfl/whoever sets the std) way lower at the junction than TFL claims it was.
But you can't remember where you found out this information?
So it could be an anecdote that you make up as you go along?

Sponsored Links
But you can't remember where you found out this information?
So it could be an anecdote that you make up as you go along?
No it was a video I watched on youtube.
I'm not searching through my past years worth of watched videos just for you lot.

It doesn't need funding, gate receipts are more than enough to sustain it. Tim's a clever bloke, charity number 1078566, shrewd move.
It was on business and we were taken through how he got the initial funding for the project. It almost didn't open as the funding was transferred elsewhere. He got it eventually, by unusual means.

Sponsored Links
looks like 1/4- 1/2 the cameras in the new zone have been attacked.

with more being updated over the weekend. That is some maintenance bill. It also looks like large chunks of SE/SW London are now ULEZ free.

Don't worry, ~20 years from now if not before the actual objective will have been achieved. Stop the riff raff from being able to move around London in their personal vehicles, ensure it becomes the preserve of the middle and upper classes.

Stop the riff raff from being able to move around London in their personal vehicles, ensure it becomes the preserve of the middle and upper classes.
It's happening all across the country. Have you seen anyone else, apart from Londoners, on here complaining about it?

It's happening all across the country. Have you seen anyone else, apart from Londoners, on here complaining about it?
Very different beast elsewhere and the other zones make more sense.

tbh I've not looked into it to any great extent. However if you take the Glasgow one, there's no fee to pay for access. If your vehicle isn't compliant you can't enter the zone or you face a fine.

For someone like me (non compliant vehicle) who used to visit Glasgow centre 2-3 times a year for theatre shows or whatever, I now won't bother. I don't want to be leaving a theatre in Glasgow ~10.30pm with the prospect of then getting public transport home.

I suspect more people will complain if these schemes are rolled out to smaller cities and towns in years to come.

or you face a fine
Yes, so much more expensive to use than London. Any complaints about it on here though? Any vigilantes taking the law into their own hands? Will it become "the preserve of the middle and upper classes"? Of course not.

Sponsored Links
Back