France. Why do you think this is happening?

Hundreds of refugee and human rights organisations have written to Keir Starmer with a blueprint for asylum policy which urges him to change course from the policies of the previous government. It sets out nine key demands, which if adopted by the Labour government would signal a change of direction on one of the most controversial and high-profile policy areas of the last government.

The letter, shared exclusively with the Guardian, states: “We are writing to you as grassroots organisations and individuals grounded firmly in our communities across the UK. We are proud to welcome people seeking safety. For years, we have stepped in to support people who have been targeted and brutalised by hostile policies. We are now calling on your government to take a new approach: protecting people seeking safety, rather than punishing them for political gain.”

Day one in the first week and Labour already have a plan to deal with the 'crisis' sensibly.

Sponsored Links
Hundreds of refugee and human rights organisations have written to Keir Starmer with a blueprint for asylum policy which urges him to change course from the policies of the previous government. It sets out nine key demands, which if adopted by the Labour government would signal a change of direction on one of the most controversial and high-profile policy areas of the last government.

The letter, shared exclusively with the Guardian, states: “We are writing to you as grassroots organisations and individuals grounded firmly in our communities across the UK. We are proud to welcome people seeking safety. For years, we have stepped in to support people who have been targeted and brutalised by hostile policies. We are now calling on your government to take a new approach: protecting people seeking safety, rather than punishing them for political gain.”

Day one in the first week and Labour already have a plan to deal with the 'crisis' sensibly.
Hundreds of organisations? Feck me, how many refugees do you think they would like?

Sponsored Links
Hundreds of organisations? Feck me, how many refugees do you think they would like?
Read the article and find out. The Tories could've done half the things on that list and saved the taxpayer millions of pounds.

I’m assuming those on here
I think you are wrong. Many have said on here they don't agree with unlimited immigration. I don't remember anyone saying they were in favour.

Many criticised the Tory failure of not tackling it at source.

Read the article and find out. The Tories could've done half the things on that list and saved the taxpayer millions of pounds.
But they didn’t and that’s why they’re not here anymore.

I think you are wrong. Many have said on here they don't agree with unlimited immigration. I don't remember anyone saying they were in favour.

Many criticised the Tory failure of not tackling it at source.
Has anyone given a yearly figure they would be happy with? Do you have a yearly limit you would be happy with?

But they didn’t and that’s why they’re not here anymore.
Reform have picked up the torch and are coming to a town near you soon. What will they complain about when Labour clean up the mess they made of it all?

Sponsored Links
Back