France. Why do you think this is happening?

Sponsored Links
None are talking about leaving the EU boyo, you can relax.
Some EU leaders, the heads of the various states do mutter about closer political / economic ties but not as loudly as our lot did. Fact is the Euro and their central bank goes a long way to tying them up and a move to a Senate type system would probably fail due to protests / vetoes. No harm in aspiring to do that but it would take yonks and the real people who run it are the heads of state of the various countries.

Lets take our own independent lot. Scotland and Wales. When and if they get it they can't be allowed to use the GBP as they have financial control that central gov can do nothing about.

Sponsored Links
If she build its all the way around... All we have to do is fill it up with water.
;) Maybe dig a moat and have problems with boats. A draw bridge on all of the roads and extensive security checks that have to be paid for like boarder force.

The French look like they are going to show an effect of PR. All of the other parties will gang up and form a coalition. It will be a mix of centrists and various degrees of lefties even the more extreme.

First past the post does this
Seats.jpg

1951 funny year labour higher % but lost. Not much difference in seats. If some Tory revolt they have a problem.

Another factor with say Tory, Labour and Lib. Both Tory and Labour are likely to pick Lib as a 2nd choice. Neither would be happy with them in power. However depends as Lib may be discarded and we would then vote on either Lab or the Tory. However what happens on 1st past if the Lib campaign does get them seats - we may finish up with a coalition. |Campaigning is important what ever system is used.

Throw in parties that get lower voting levels and all they do with FPP is reduce the % need to win. This is why 40% odd tends to figure. The missing ~10% hasn't gained significant votes.. In one system they would be thrown away.

LOL One thing that bugs me about these systems is electioneering. They want the jobs so anything goes even if they could wreck the country. Also it's a well known fact that these systems can cause anomalies.

Last edited:
Don't be a fool Brig the posts support my suggestion so it's not just me making it. Happy to help explain it to you.

Sponsored Links
Back