Hope for the Sub ?

Or even (found while looking for info on Magellan),

"In 1912 the Titanic went down with rich people on board and a year later the Federal Reserve was born. Could this story be fake symbolism and ritual to shortly introduce another monetary system?"

"It is so new rules can be introduced to stop diving near the Titanic wreck. Because there is no wreck, it was all faked".

"There's even a passenger called Paul-Henri. Now who was the driver of Diana's car in Paris again?"

I kid you not.

If you stare at clouds long enough you can see a picasso.

These people are tuned to find conspiracy where none exists.

Sponsored Links
Just on bbc news Magelan been given clearance and waiting to take off but will take 50/60 hours to get on site . Been ready to go since monday.
Clearance from who? The insurers? The coast guard? The military?

Contract negotiations on cost?

Sponsored Links
There was obviously an awful lot going on behind the scenes, unless "they" were lying of course,

Do people assume there are spare vessels, equipment and highly experienced operators just idling waiting around for work to come there way?

Remove the cost concerns for a moment but just consider the logistics of getting equipment out to the middle of the ocean. It's not a lark in the park.

It's annoying how people simplify and trivialise complex operations.

Still my gut feeling is they had a power cut 1hr 45 into a 2h3 30min descent which may have left them drifting in Ocean currents. However im assuming their descent was by gravity ie draining the flotation tanks using the ballast weight to sink.
So in this scenario one would assume even with some ocean drift the Sub shouldn't be too far from the drop point resting on the seabed, although we don't know currents for sure. Anyone here know if this was the case and the Titan was descending by flooding the flotation tanks, which would be the most energy conservative way.

If for some reason they had power issues and were attempting to charge the flotation tanks before failure and only managed almost zero gravity they could be anywhere now.

Maybe if the banging noises were just 'sea noise' then perhaps it did just compress to nothing and implode, in this scenario, there might only be fragments left on the seabed near the main wreck.

If the hull is still in tact and found i have no doubt there may well be some pretty harrowing mobile phone footage kept in a diary by at least one of the crew.

May their maker rest their souls. (ps the jokes above aren't funny yes it's too soon, esp for the young lad on board who had his whole life ahead of him)

:(

PS one last thought if you're interested have a read about AF447 over on Wiki, iirc that took over 2years to locate the fuselage and black boxes in similar depths, albeit more rugged terrain sea bed, but that was a much larger structure and 100% had sunk.

Edit - I see USCG has just tweeted they've foud some debris has near the Titanic wreck which been highlighted for closer examination. Sounds ominous as i reckon this is the French ROV with a very experienced team.

Last edited:
Still my gut feeling is they had a power cut 1hr 45 into a 2h3 30min descent which may have left them drifting in Ocean currents. However im assuming their descent was by gravity ie draining the flotation tanks using the ballast weight to sink.
So in this scenario one would assume even with some ocean drift the Sub shouldn't be too far from the drop point resting on the seabed, although we don't know currents for sure. Anyone here know if this was the case and the Titan was descending by flooding the flotation tanks, which would be the most energy conservative way.

If for some reason they had power issues and were attempting to charge the flotation tanks before failure and only managed almost zero gravity they could be anywhere now.

Maybe if the banging noises were just 'sea noise' then perhaps it did just compress to nothing and implode, in this scenario, there might only be fragments left on the seabed near the main wreck.

If the hull is still in tact and found i have no doubt there may well be some pretty harrowing mobile phone footage kept in a diary by at least one of the crew.

May their maker rest their souls. (ps the jokes above aren't funny yes it's too soon, esp for the young lad on board who had his whole life ahead of him)

:(

PS one last thought if you're interested have a read about AF447 over on Wiki, iirc that took over 2years to locate the fuselage and black boxes in similar depths, albeit more rugged terrain sea bed, but that was a much larger structure and 100% had sunk.

Edit - I see USCG has just tweeted they've foud some debris has near the Titanic wreck which been highlighted for closer examination. Sounds ominous as i reckon this is the French ROV with a very experienced team.
The currents around there can be very strong and the direction is not steady, the direction changes with depth.

I am not a submariner but they won't have set their buoyancy to float at sea floor level, or even to sink to sea floor level. That's the sort of thing you adjust as you descend. I believe there's a reasonable scenario where they hit neutral bouyancy and drifted far off course.

The sea is a noisy, and around the Titanic, messy place. This stuff is very hard.

Tidal / Jet Streams sub-Polar / sub tropical are not particularly fast where the titanic is. It's barely 1-1.5kts, but if you are sinking it very much depends on your angle as it's possible to glide 2-3 miles as you drop.

In terms of authority this far off the coast, US coast guard would have a coordinating role, but would not typically tell anyone to stand down in the vicinity to assist. The obligation is on all ships to assist. But of course few could do anything other than look out for surface debris.

If they had a power cut after 1hr 45 minutes, thats when a recuse misson should of started. They should of had various safety measures that should of being in place and back up plans.

Andy

Instantaneous implosion is now looking more likely, given items (suggested to be) found in the debris field.

Given the horrific scenarios that have been theorised, this would be my preferred way to go.

...and considering the extreme risk of such a trip, I can't believe that two members of the same family were even allowed to go in together - our workplace has policies that stop critical members of staff from travelling in the same car together, on certain trips, this is a whole other level.
I would never consider the possibility of putting my son in such a dangerous place.

This has been a truly terrible story, that continues to whirl around my head.
I can't imagine how the relatives are feeling.

Last edited:
Yes, but still pointless. 50/60 hours to get on site alone from Monday evening is far too late. No one has a clue where the sub even is, talk now that the banging sounds could just have been background noise.
No rescue mission whilst they were still alive is pointless they may have struck luck first time it was always going to be a lottery. And 50 0r 60 hours from Monday may have just worked .

Instantaneous implosion is now looking more likely, given items found in the debris field.

Given the horrific scenarios that have been theorised, this would be my preferred way to go.

...and considering the extreme risk of such a trip, I can't believe that two members of the same family were even allowed to go in together - our workplace has policies that stop critical members of staff from travelling in the same car together, on certain trips, this is a whole other level.

I would never consider the possibility of putting my son in such a dangerous place.
This has been a truly terrible story, that continues to whirl around my head.
I can't imagine how the relatives are feeling.

Indeed i see they have discovered the rear cover landing frame and titanium end cap so far. No mentioned of the main fuselage, i dont know how the carbon shell reacted there whether it fractured in many pieces or not. No mention of that so far.

Sponsored Links
Back