Hot Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never said it couldn't be withdrawn, which is kinda obvious if you fall foul of the authorities.
The permission to remain can be withdrawn under circumstances beyond your control, e.g war, conflcit. natural disaster, etc.

Sponsored Links
I realise your opinions about brexit and the EU are driven by emotions, but I am merely pointing out the facts.
The facts are that Brexit hasn't been the disaster you predicted.
The real disaster is even though we have one of the most dishonest and inept governments in history, no one really believes that Labour would perform any better.

The real disaster is even though we have one of the most dishonest and inept governments in history, no one really believes that Labour would perform any better.
The facts are that brexit has indeed been the disaster predicted.

The reason we have one of the most dishonest governments is because of brexit.

Of course Labour will do better

Lots of hot air on this forum especially from the anti brexxers. Anyway this headline will have them squirming in their panties.

I’ve got news for those who say Brexit is a disaster: it isn’t. That’s why rejoining is just a pipe dream.​

And from the guardian as well, who would have thought it LOL.
An opinion piece by Larry Elliott

An economist who has always been a rabid brexer

The Guardian puts out this nonsense every so often to appeal to the Corbyn cultist leave voters.

I agree the UK prob won't rejoin, at least not in the way it was before, it might be in some 2nd tier arrangement.

Sponsored Links
Nigel Lawson, the renowned Brextremist, applied for French residency after Brexit.

They turned him down.
Plenty of French people living and working over here that did the same to remain over here after Brexit. Doesn’t mean they would have supported the leave campaign.

You say he was turned down. Do you know why and do you have a link to that?

Don't they ?

Nigel Lawson, the renowned Brextremist, applied for French residency after Brexit.

They turned him down.

Plenty of French people living and working over here that did the same to remain over here after Brexit. Doesn’t mean they would have supported the leave campaign.
That looks like a reply that has no relevance to the original post. .

You say he was turned down. Do you know why and do you have a link to that?

Nigel Lawson plans UK return after failing to gain French residency​

According to social media speculation, Lawson would have had to have become a tax resident in France to obtain residency, and such a move would have jeopardised his seat in the House of Lords.

A French Interior Ministry source told the newspaper that tax residency abroad would usually block someone from being considered an habitual resident of France – something that is necessary for obtaining a carte de séjour.

Is anything he says in the article untrue?
It's an opinion piece, nothing more. Some will agree with his opinion others won't.

I was only putting some context behind his opinion and latest headline. He also said the EU will completely unravel.

It's an opinion piece, nothing more. Some will agree with his opinion others won't.

I was only putting some context behind his opinion and latest headline. He also said the EU will completely unravel.

Sure, but his figures for the EU lagging behind China and the US in the hunt to secure semi-conductors is alarming - the rate of migration from Libya is reaching even higher levels than the Channel crossing and giving Europe serious indigestion as it tries to absorb the extra population and expand member nations trying to joib the club. Big problems, no?

Yes. That doesn't mean they will never be solved. It also doesn't mean the inevitable collapse of the EU as he claims.
Nothing so drastic as collapse, hopefully, but it will certainly evolve into the 'Superstate' the UK was adamant to be apart from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back