Imagine A World Without Religion

The Catholic Church holds life to be sacred and suicide a sin, casting the soul into Hell. This proscription still holds true despite religious belief declining across the Western world. How many people linger in a coma while their relatives hope they'll recover?
In most religions, suicide is either a sin or is not supported.
e.g. Buddhism does not advocate suicide. Those following Judaism will be buried in a separate part of the cemetery.
But Christianity sometimes accepts suicide, e.g. the wicked falling on their sword. But in general a suicide is considered in negative terms.
In Islam. Hinduism, and Catholicism, as you said, it is considered a mortal sin.

Sponsored Links
It's called a 'morning after' pill rather than the weeks before choice.
I was referring to the abortion pill which can induce a miscarriage of a child upto 10 weeks into pregnancy.

Unless of course you object to women having control of their own bodies?
No objection to women having control over their own bodies but its when they want control over bodies which aren't their own, raises concern.

I was referring to the abortion pill which can induce a miscarriage of a child upto 10 weeks into pregnancy.

No objection to women having control over their own bodies but its when they want control over bodies which aren't their own, raises concern.
So what if it's 10 weeks...

It's legal...

Are you one of those male control freaks who gather outside abortion clinics claiming 'life is life', or holding up bloody foetus/fetus images in order to harass women?

Sponsored Links
It depends on what spell checker is in operation, thus the confusion...

But thank you for pointing it out.

France is a good example of separating the state from any particular religion in various areas, particularly in education
France picks and chooses which style of religious dress it does not permit.
Priests and nuns regularly wear clerical dress in public.
Strictly speaking clerical dress is not allowed, but the one time that the law has been followed a hue and cry was initiated.

Ban on elderly nun’s habit in retirement home went too far, French mayor says​

Whereas a ban on Muslim dress affected numerous pupils in schools.

Whereas a ban on Muslim dress affected numerous pupils in schools.
School is for learning facts...

Religion nonsense is well catered for elsewhere...

Of course if anyone can produce factual evidence of the existence of an imaginary friend/afterlife I'll be happy to listen...

But we all know that ain't gonna happen!

There are 26 Bishops and Arch Bishops in the House of Lords having a direct influence on UK laws.
Sittings in Both H of P begin with prayer.
Never seen any influence on laws from the HoL certainly not the bishops, not since 1911 at any rate

The Catholic Church holds life to be sacred and suicide a sin, casting the soul into Hell. This proscription still holds true despite religious belief declining across the Western world. How many people linger in a coma while their relatives hope they'll recover?
The Catholic Church might influence some of it’s followers but has had zero impact on English law making for about five centuries.

The Catholic Church might influence some of it’s followers but has had zero impact on English law making for about five centuries.
The Catholic Church has its own education system to keep control of its flock.
The Jesuits have a saying.
'Get the child before eight or else it is too late'.
I used to think they were referring to the kids education.
Now I'm not too sure.

No objection to women having control over their own bodies but its when they want control over bodies which aren't their own
So for example - if a woman is raped, she should be forced to go full term with the rapists child?
You are a ****ìng animal.
Regardless of the situation - her body her choice.

So for example - if a woman is raped, she should be forced to go full term with the rapists child?
You are a ****ìng animal.
Regardless of the situation - her body her choice.
Why should a child pay the price.
Kill the rapist and spare the child.

Before you start posting strawmen about foetuses and unfertilised embryos (a biological impossiblity),read this.

The government recognises unborn children as babies and not unwanted body tissue or some sort malignant growth inside a woman's body.

My daughter lost a child through miscarriage , she was very upset.
Maybe if I had of told to her stop gurning, it was just a bit waste tissue , nothing to get upset about, she would have felt better.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Back