More deaths in the channel.

Can we assume that all those who appear to hate the people who in many cases risk their lives to escape persecution will hate this?

"A new street in Prague has been named after Sir Nicholas Winton, the British man who helped save hundreds of mostly Jewish children from the Nazis"

He managed to find a way around the paperwork...

The current boat asylum seeking people have no legal way of getting to the UK, so double standards at play?

Sponsored Links
If some of the deceased are indeed children, that is sad of course but the responsibility for their death sits squarely on the shoulders of their parents who knowingly risked their child's life by putting them into the dinghy.

Personally, I would never, ever risk my child's life like that, especially if I was living in a safe country.

Exactly. At the end of the day they're risking their kids' lives for greed.

Can we assume that all those who appear to hate the people who in many cases risk their lives to escape persecution will hate this?

"A new street in Prague has been named after Sir Nicholas Winton, the British man who helped save hundreds of mostly Jewish children from the Nazis"

He managed to find a way around the paperwork...

The current boat asylum seeking people have no legal way of getting to the UK, so double standards at play?

Nicholas Winton was a hero, he saved just under 700 Jewish children from the Nazis. To put it in perspective, up to 900 migrants can arrive in UK waters by boat per day.

Bit of an odd comparison.

Sponsored Links
….the people who in many cases risk their lives to escape persecution….
Read my lips: There. Is. No. Persecution. In. Italy. Or. France. Both are safe counties which they travel through to get here so there's no need to risk their lives any further than that, is there? For their own safety, they should be dissuaded from coming here by dinghy, not encouraged and assisted.

The other options do have complications. Summed up by Rory the Tory who wanted to be honest. He pointed out that all of the Afghans can't come here,
The new Labour government has re-opened the Afghan refugee route.

Nicholas Winton was a hero, he saved just under 700 Jewish children from the Nazis. To put it in perspective, up to 900 migrants can arrive in UK waters by boat per day.

Bit of an odd comparison.
The asylum seekers are fleeing persecution, mainly from the government in their home country.

It's a fair comparison, but it's on a larger scale.
Jews were escaping Germany from 1933. :rolleyes:
The initial response to the Nazi takeover was a substantial wave of emigration (37,000–38,000), much of it to neighboring European countries (France, Belgium, the Netherlands, Denmark, Czechoslovakia, and Switzerland).
By September 1939, approximately 282,000 Jews had left Germany and 117,000 from annexed Austria

I suggest you read up a bit on Jewish history in Germany. The persecution did not start during the war.

Read my lips: There. Is. No. Persecution. In. Italy. Or. France. Both are safe counties which they travel through to get here so there's no need to risk their lives any further than that, is there? For their own safety, they should be dissuaded from coming here by dinghy, not encouraged and assisted.
As Ellal has raised the comparison of Jews escaping Germany from about 1933, I'll continue that comparison in response to your sad old bigoted comment.
From about 1933 Jews were escaping from Germany to numerous other countries, including South America, China, USA and UK.
I'm sufficiently confident of my geography to say those countries do not border Germany. :rolleyes:
Of these, some 95,000 emigrated to the United States, 60,000 to Palestine, 40,000 to Great Britain, and about 75,000 to Central and South America, with the largest numbers entering Argentina, Brazil, Chile, and Bolivia. More than 18,000 Jews from the German Reich were also able to find refuge in Shanghai, in Japanese-occupied China.

Hopefully the calls for safe and legal routes will grow louder.
Intelligent people have already ridiculed racists' argument like Mottie's.

So since there are no legal ways to seek asylum in the UK, are you saying that the UK should be closed to all asylum seekers however they try and get here?

And who are you claiming to be those 'encouraging and assisting' them?

So since there are no legal ways to seek asylum in the UK, are you saying that the UK should be closed to all asylum seekers however they try and get here?
Quite simply, not my problem to help them get here old chap. Other countries don’t help them do it so why should we?
Take your pick:

IMG_6822.jpeg

Last edited:
Quite simply, not my problem to help them get here old chap. Other countries do it so why can’t we?

Take your pick:

View attachment 354441
You list is nonsense. Some charities only provide food and shelter in France.
Others only help unaccompanied minors to apply for asylum.
Some only assist asylum seekers when they have arrived, etc.
Others argue the political argument.

You need to check out their activities before accusing them of people smuggling. :mad:

The new Labour government has re-opened the Afghan refugee route.
Interesting one. The initial intake was plane loads when the west pulled out. Of late a few airline have resumed flights there. The usual problem for a traveller via normal airlines is that if they do not have the correct paperwork they will be refused entry and returned to the aircraft. How well that works pass.

One of Sunak's criticisms of labour was the difficulty in returning Afghans and Syrians. It needs an agreement. He claimed most were from these areas. They must be coming the hard way. The latest lot mostly came from Africa according to reports here. That isn't surprising. Trouble spots always lead to refugees. Also increases in numbers.

The modern extension is economic reasons but fact is these can also come from places where applications will succeed. If not they can generally be deported. Meanwhile we poach doctors etc from areas that need them.

The other point is that there are 41m Afghans most of which in principle could apply for asylum and on the face of it succeed. Gov's are mad clearly they intend to absorb the lot.

It appears that Starmer has already joined up the groups of services he intends to use and also talking to France. The bleats have already started. Finish of on group of smugglers and another will crop up. TBH I am sick to death of this sort of thing. It often crops up in the small boats area. People assume there is a perfect solution when there isn't. They do not consider all of the implications. There are too many refugees that could decide to come here or elsewhere.

The EU is due to seriously stiffen up road entry into their area in November., This should stiffen up one route that is probably used however there are boarder gaps between roads.

Sponsored Links
Back