Need help disabling one light switch of a two-way circuit

Are you definitely putting the brown in the IN terminal
and
the blue in the OUT terminal?

Sorry to ask things you've probably already checked...

Sponsored Links
Are you definitely putting the brown in the IN terminal
and
the blue in the OUT terminal?

Sorry to ask things you've probably already checked...
Sorry, can you clarify which ones you are referring to - the pendant? If so, I think the photos should be able to show that, no? Apologies if I misunderstood.

P.S - feel free to assume I'm a complete dumbass, so any checks to be done are probably worth doing lol.

I've been watching a video and it would appear the pendant is connected correctly based on the below screenshot:

1721055379339.png

Sorry, can you clarify which ones you are referring to - the pendant? If so, I think the photos should be able to show that, no? Apologies if I misunderstood.

P.S - feel free to assume I'm a complete dumbass, so any checks to be done are probably worth doing lol.
No, I'm talking about the new fancy switch now.
Brown is IN.
Blue is OUT.

(Pendant looks fine, and by replacing the switch cable, is has made it clear that it is wired correctly.)

Sponsored Links
Could loop in and loop out wires being the wrong way around cause this? If so, how would I even check which is the loop in vs out? I do have a multimeter.

You could try turning the bulb in the lampholder round 180 degrees to change its polarity.

Probably won't make any difference, but you never know.

(You've probably done all that already.)

Could loop in and loop out wires being the wrong way around cause this? If so, how would I even check which is the loop in vs out? I do have a multimeter.
That wouldn't make any difference - though I suppose you could confirm if live really is live, and neutral really is neutral.

By that, I mean if L and N were reversed somewhere further back towards the start of the circuit.

Another long shot, and I haven't read most of posts properly, but I make no apology for that!

You could try turning the bulb in the lampholder round 180 degrees to change its polarity.

Probably won't make any difference, but you never know.

(You've probably done all that already.)

You give me too much credit ;)

Not sure if this can be done with a bayonet fitting though?

You give me too much credit ;)

Not sure if this can be done with a bayonet fitting though?
Just take it out, spin it round 180 degrees in your hand, and put it back.

I'm not really expecting any difference, mind you.

Just take it out, spin it round 180 degrees in your hand, and put it back.

I'm not really expecting any difference, mind you.
Ah in that case, yes that's been done before anyhow.

So, am I right in thinking my only recourse now is to buy a new pendant and see if the problem persists?

Well, you know it works on the light bulbs in the other room.

What kind of light bulbs are they, how many are there and what wattage are they each?

This is how they look, I assume LED. Can't get to them to check wattage...
20240715_163623.jpg

Also, just got off the phone with Quinetic Tech support and they have said to email them and they will provide me with instructions on how to attach a capacitor at each end to resolve this - does that sound right at all?

Yes those are LEDs.

As for your quote, there is a minimum load on the device. I think from memory it's 5W.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back