No doubt hate crime on the rise.

Sponsored Links
Think what you're writing for a second, the police aren't allowed to consider that a crime might be a hate crime? Seriously?

If they suspect it's a possible hate crime they must investigate that and they must flag it in the system as soon as they think it is a possibility. This is absolutely clear.

If it is found that there's no evidence for a hate crime once they've looked into it then that too is recorded. But doing so makes MBK sad for some unknown reason.

That is not what I am saying at all. Obviously, if they suspect it is a potential hate crime, they must investigate that angle.

I have no interest in the wider debate about whether hate crime is over recorded. The only part of this I am interested in is getting more details of the process by which "officers have followed national guidelines and have initially categorised the incident as a hate crime". I would really like to see the guidelines. Not to further any argument or prove any point. But simply because I am interested in the process. Although various links have been provided on this thread, none of them are these actual guidelines.

Last edited:
I see the forum troll
No need to bluster. You said it was breaking a law. It isn't.
of course preaching hate is illegal, you fool. Just because there is no single offence of being a hateful jew hating old git, does not mean that there are not literally half a dozen offences that could be committed by posting your jew hating bile online.

Sponsored Links
Hate crime is defined as any incident which is perceived as being motivated by prejudice or hostility towards an individual due to their race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or disability.

This includes any hate expressed online, either at an individual or against a group. It could be an abusive message, a campaign of cyberbullying, or an attempt to incite hatred at a group of people, but whatever it is, if it is motivated by prejudice toward one of the five characteristics it may be considered a hate crime or hate incident.

Its like a full time job for you.

So, anti semitism isn't a hate crime? are you sure John.
That's what you claimed, but you obviously don't know what a law is.

Perhaps you should stop throwing around false claims when you don't know.
, definitely not... oh wait it is.

It's great to see motorbiking trying to alter the discussion.

He's not an honest man.

Comparing Jews with Nazis is listed as a hate crime, it is very much against the law

Not in a UK law.

Harsher sentences for hate crimes? You must be all for hate crime categorisation then, yes?

What exactly is your beef with hate crimes and the point of this thread?
Police say there is no evidence of a hate crime, but they are treating it as such.

Doesn't seem odd to you?

It's great to see motorbiking trying to alter the discussion.

He's not an honest man.

Not in a UK law.
JohnD the proven liar.
I literally just posted it.

I must have missed the announcement that Sec 19 of the Public Order Act 1986 was repealed.

Oh wiat it hasn't been.

Sponsored Links
Back