No doubt hate crime on the rise.

Sponsored Links
It actually says race, racial group or ethnic background. This is what is says:

I've just being reading that English is an ethnic group.
Where is the link to your source?
Is it relevant to the current hate-crime definitions in UK?
And have there been any recorded hate-crimes based on this criteria?

Where is the link to your source?
Is it relevant to the current hate-crime definitions in UK?

My source is the census:

The question asked in England & Wales (2021) was similar, however the response options were presented differently. The question in England & Wales asked:

"What is your ethnic group?

Choose one section from A to E, then tick one box to best describe your ethnic group or background

• A - White
    • English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish or British
    • Irish
    • Polish
    • Gypsy or Irish Traveller
    • Roma
    • Any other white background, write in

Sponsored Links
So is it relevant to the classification of hate-crime in UK.
And has there ever been any recorded cases of hate-crime based on this criteria?

You are free to Google whether English is an ethnic group. That's all I did. I don't think there is any special definition in relation to hate crime.

I have no idea! But that's not the point being discussed by MBK. He is saying that everyone fits into one of the groups in the definition.

In this case, the primary circumstance is that filly made a claim that was untrue, and you tried to support him.

Not in a UK law.
According to you - comparing jews to nazis in an online post is lawful?

Yes or no.

You are free to Google whether English is an ethnic group. That's all I did. I don't think there is any special definition in relation to hate crime.

I have no idea! But that's not the point being discussed by MBK. He is saying that everyone fits into one of the groups in the definition.
correct, every single person belongs to at least one protected group

17 Meaning of “racial hatred”.
In this Part “racial hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

29 Meaning of “religious hatred”
In this Part “religious hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.
Meaning of “hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation”
In this Part “hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to sexual orientation (whether towards persons of the same sex, the opposite sex or both).

calling homosexuals pedophiles - illegal
Calling jews nazis - illegal
this is not an exhaustive list.

correct, every single person belongs to at least one protected group

In this Part “racial hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to colour, race, nationality (including citizenship) or ethnic or national origins.

It's irrelevant if everybody has a protected characteristic. They're not all covered in the Act.

That's a submission to the House of Lords from the Commission for Racial Equality.
It isn't the Act.

I don't think there is any special definition in relation to hate crime.
There are: race, religion, disability, sexual orientation and transgender identity.

Nationality does not appear, neither does age or gender.

But not all such characteristics are covered, or such instances of hate crime been recorded.
So for all practical purposes some of the characteristics can be ignored.

For those who are unfamiliar with the Public Order Act and the specific sections I quoted above, which are directly from the Act.

Here it is

I suppose its ok to compare Muslims with Nazis or Nigel Farage and reform supporters for that matter.
If something walks and talks like a Nazi, then it must be a Nazi?.
Can't see why religion or ethnicity should exempt anyone from legitimate criticism.
Because it can be an excuse or disguise for racism. The labor candidate in Clackton reported many re-form supporters asking him where he really came from. The dumbfu**s thought they were protected because the Queen's lady in waiting had been given the all clear when she said it.

According to you - comparing jews to nazis in an online post is lawful?
Your question is nonsense.

Return yourself to the untrue claim that filly made, and to my response.

I can see you are desperately trying to avoid discussing what he said, because it is not true.

Comparing Jews with Nazis is listed as a hate crime, it is very much against the law

Not in a UK law.

Its a simple question, we can see why you don't want to answer it.

What Filly said elsewhere is irrelevant and I am not interested in whether you did or did not compare jews to nazis. I hope that you didn't. I have my own opinions about why you are so focused on them.

The fact remains it is going to be offensive, it's obviously to incite hatred towards jews and it therefore meets the very broad criteria of the offence. Noting that since being a jew is a race and or religion, it ticks the box for being an aggravated public order offence. its really not something you want to be convicted of, even if you are now retired.

Last edited:
For those who are unfamiliar with the Public Order Act and the specific sections I quoted above, which are directly from the Act.

Here it is
This one is not from the Act:

29 Meaning of “religious hatred”
In this Part “religious hatred” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to religious belief or lack of religious belief.
Meaning of “hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation”
In this Part “hatred on the grounds of sexual orientation” means hatred against a group of persons defined by reference to sexual orientation (whether towards persons of the same sex, the opposite sex or both).
It's from a submission to the House of Lords from the Commission for Racial Equality.

What Filly said elsewhere is irrelevant
It's not irrelevant.
The initial claims were that it is illegal.
The IT in the first instance was what fillyboy said.
You have now moved the goal posts to discuss what you want to talk about.

Additionally comparing Jews to Nazis is not per se illegal. It's only illegal if it's intended to cause offence.

Sponsored Links
Back