Nurse Lucy Letby charged with 8 counts of murder and 10 counts of attempted murder

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Filly facts infecting others.
It's becoming an epidemic, experiencing an alternative reality. :rolleyes:

So, a trial starts with 12.

At what point can a trial proceed with 11, should a juror have to be excused?

An hour in?

A day in?

Once a certain procedural step has been passed?

Do you agree or disagree that the quotes in #94 are correct?
The trial started with, and progressed for the vastly majority of the time, with 12 jurors.
Only a belligerent believer in an alternative reality would argue different.

So, a trial starts with 12.

At what point can a trial proceed with 11, should a juror have to be excused?

An hour in?

A day in?

Once a certain procedural step has been passed?
It would depend on the length of, complexity of, and how much the case had already progressed through that process.
AI Overview
A trial can proceed with 11 jurors in the UK if a verdict can be reached by a majority of 10 jurors. This can happen if:
  • The jury has deliberated for a reasonable amount of time, which is at least two hours
  • The jury has not reached a unanimous verdict on one or more counts
If there are nine jurors or fewer, the verdict must be unanimous. If no decision can be reached, the jury is considered "hung" and the crown must start over with a new jury.

How are you getting on with understanding the grounds for appeal?
I don't think appeals consider arguments not presented by the defence at the original trial.
If those arguments existed but were not used, then I think the appeal is rejected.
The lack of a good defence lawyer, or poor performance of that lawyer is not grounds for appeal, as I understand it.
The appeal considers new evidence, not evidence that existed, and was known about, but was not used by the defence.
and the grounds for compensation?
I think compensation is only paid, when malpractice or some form of miscarriage of justice is determined.,
The jury simply making the wrong decision would not cause compensation to be paid.
and this?
It would depend on the length of, complexity of, and how much the case had already progressed through that process.
are all boll@x.

Sponsored Links
Back