Nurse Lucy Letby charged with 8 counts of murder and 10 counts of attempted murder

Sponsored Links
The trial lasted for 9 months. The Jury retired on July 10.
After 18 days of the jury deliberating, one of the jurors was excused.
There were 12 throughout the trial, up until August 3. :rolleyes:

You need to check your filly facts. :ROFLMAO:

After nine months of hearing evidence, the jurors had retired to consider verdicts on the 22 charges Letby faces on Monday, July 10.

One of the original 12 jurors was discharged on Thursday, August 3

August 8, the judge gave a majority verdict ruling to the 11 remaining jurors.

So, how many jurors were there on the Lucy Letby case?

Sir, sir - me sir! 12 at the beginning, then later 11, when 1 had to drop out. Do I get a gold star?

Sometimes, often in fact - I do have to wonder how supposed adults can behave in a public forum, like this. There have been several pages of posts, just arguing over the number of jurors. I do think some of you need to grow up, grow a pair, and stop hiding behind a keyboard. The infantile behaviour, ruins every discussion on no matter how serious the subject, on GD.

Sponsored Links
Sir, sir - me sir! 12 at the beginning, then later 11, when 1 had to drop out. Do I get a gold star?

Sometimes, often in fact - I do have to wonder how supposed adults can behave in a public forum, like this. There have been several pages of posts, just arguing over the number of jurors. I do think some of you need to grow up, grow a pair, and stop hiding behind a keyboard. The infantile behaviour, ruins every discussion on no matter how serious the subject, on GD.
I agree, it's a shame that discussions are diverted by filly facts.

If he had elaborated and said "11, in the LL trial" there would have been no discussion. :rolleyes:
There would because you have already made the point there were 12 at the beginning. I misunderstood him to be saying it was a majority verdict hence my 10:2 comment, which is what the judge will accept when there's an impasse.

Few peeps well on the spectrum.

You can be well on the spectrum and still find the last 3 pages utterly pointless and an embarrassment to everyone participating.

I'm not at all embarrassed. I'm flattered that whatever I post, a certain 3 posters will immediately jump on it and spend page after page trying to prove me wrong, and fail.

It's completely irrelevant that there were 12 at the beginning, the remaining 11 made the decision and they're the only jurors who had a hand in the verdict.

good grief, how long will Dumb and Dumber's mate argue with you.

There were 11.

Not that the number of people in the jury is even relevant to the fact that her convictions may be unsafe.

Justice was very much stacked against her due to the repercussions for any medical expert willing to speak against the establishment.

I have to say I was surprised when she was found guilty.

Sponsored Links
Back