Oasis announce (reunion) tour

I was never a huge fan, their songs are well crafted and catchy, good to sing along to on site on the radio or in the pub drunk, but I wouldn’t want to listen to one after the other, the over compressed and distortion to give it that rocky edge gets a bit drony after a while, and the chords sequences are awfully similar from one tract to another

But there were bands from around that era I much preferred and produced some of the greatest anthems of the period: Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, The Verve, the Farm, James……..

Sponsored Links
But there were bands from around that era I much preferred and produced some of the greatest anthems of the period: Happy Mondays, Stone Roses, The Verve, the Farm, James……..
I don’t prefer the above, but a decent choice none the less!!

The late 80’s/90’s produced some amazing bands and tunes.

Ocean colour scene is another

Sponsored Links
Why would Oasis consider a reunion?
Well, Birmingham City University estimate that the initial 14 dates could bring in £400m in ticket sales and other add ons, with Liam and Noel both in line to each earn £50m. For their UK tour in '95, tickets cost £14 - average prices today are about £65.
Don't look back in anger, they say...look forward to the payday.

Why would Oasis consider a reunion?
Well, Birmingham City University estimate that the initial 14 dates could bring in £400m in ticket sales and other add ons, with Liam and Noel both in line to each earn £50m. For their UK tour in '95, tickets cost £14 - average prices today are about £65.
Don't look back in anger, they say...look forward to the payday.
They aren’t charities, give the people what they want and have a massive pay day

Crack on I say

Mind you, the Stone Roses comeback tour in 2013 ended halfway through as old issues broke up the band again - what are the chances of Liam and Noel burying the hatchet... in each other?

Mind you, the Stone Roses comeback tour in 2013 ended halfway through as old issues broke up the band again - what are the chances of Liam and Noel burying the hatchet... in each other?
I think this might go on to be a worldwide tour.

They both want pay day.

Maybe after the tour it will be another 15 years

I think this might go on to be a worldwide tour.

They both want pay day.

Maybe after the tour it will be another 15 years
You reckon they'll still be going strong like the Stones?
Whatever happened to "love is love, not fade away" - now it's all "money, money, money, til you drop".
Rock 'n roll still lives but the spirit is well diluted by time.

You reckon they'll still be going strong like the Stones?
Whatever happened to "love is love, not fade away" - now it's all "money, money, money, til you drop".
Rock 'n roll still lives but the spirit is well diluted by time.
I’m not sure if I’m honest.

I think it’s in their blood to keep going.

I’m not sure if I’m honest.

I think it’s in their blood to keep going.
The group dynamic isn't good enough to maintain that kind of longevity. But i'll settle for a brief revival of the 90s next year...it really was the best of times.

IMG-20240828-WA0001.jpg

They turned sibling rivalry into a piece of PR genius. Noel is a brilliant song writer and both are great singers but I don’t fancy seeing then from half a mile away at the other end of a massive stadium. If it was an acoustic set in a small venue I would jump at the chance.

There was a rumour in NME a couple of days back that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are alleged to be supporting the band on their potential comeback tour instead of the other original band members.

Sponsored Links
Back