Oasis announce (reunion) tour

There was a rumour in NME a couple of days back that Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds are alleged to be supporting the band on their potential comeback tour instead of the other original band members.
I hope bonehead plays, but as stated, I don’t think he gets along with NG.

Shame he brings a good sound

Sponsored Links
I hope bonehead plays, but as stated, I don’t think he gets along with NG.

Shame he brings a good sound
This is my ignorance of the band, but from their inception through to their hey day, were the other band members considered an important and integral part of the band, or was it more a case of they happened to be there at the start (right place right time) and Noel and Liam just kept on using them?

This is my ignorance of the band, but from their inception through to their hey day, were the other band members considered an important and integral part of the band, or was it more a case of they happened to be there at the start (right place right time) and Noel and Liam just kept on using them?
Liam and Noel were the only 2 original members.

Noel fell out with the original drummer, who for me gave a better sound on their first album.

So when they say “Oasis” it’s just the Gallaghers really.

Dismal lyrics, plodding tunes and prehistoric political views: why is everyone so happy that the Gallagher brothers are back?

Simon Price @the Guardian has a bone to pick with the brothers Gallagher.

"Is there anything more useless than a rock band that doesn’t rock?"

Sponsored Links
Dismal lyrics, plodding tunes and prehistoric political views: why is everyone so happy that the Gallagher brothers are back?

Simon Price @the Guardian has a bone to pick with the brothers Gallagher.

"Is there anything more useless than a rock band that doesn’t rock?"
Oh no, that’s the Oasis world wide live tour ruined then lol.

There’s always going to be haters. Hey, ho

Successful - yes
Anthemic - yes

For me though, they were formulaic; no new ground broken there.
Still, each to their own :cool:

Successful - yes
Anthemic - yes

For me though, they were formulaic; no new ground broken there.
Still, each to their own :cool:
They drew inspiration from great British bands like the beatles and the kinks, the importance of being idle was inspired by dead end street. Their (or rather Noel's) genius was creating his own style. Influenced and original yes, formulaic never. Some of their best songs - like the beatles - are the b and c sides. They are more than just the belt it out it out loud rock singers that most people know and like.

They drew inspiration from great British bands like the beatles and the kinks, the importance of being idle was inspired by dead end street. Their (or rather Noel's) genius was creating his own style. Influenced and original yes, formulaic never. Some of their best songs - like the beatles - are the b and c sides. They are more than just the belt it out it out loud rock singers that most people know and like.
Well said.

Some of their b sides are epic.

Well said.

Some of their b sides are epic.
I think the Brig is confusing genre and formula. Yes some oasis songs have very similar chord progressions and rhythms but that is part of a unique style Noel developed. If you’re not a country fan it all sounds the same but that is the genre not the formula

I think the Brig is confusing genre and formula. Yes some oasis songs have very similar chord progressions and rhythms but that is part of a unique style Noel developed. If you’re not a country fan it all sounds the same but that is the genre not the formula

If you are a fan, you'll find a way to justify your position.
If you are not, you'll do the opposite.
We could both find learned authors who would support our own view.

I wouldn't change the station, if they came on: I just wouldn't go out of my way to listen to them.

Just enjoy them, if that is your thing (y)

I haven't bought a single since the 80s - which tracks are Oasis' best B-sides?
That’s subjective.

The master plan album is made up of B sides. Give it a spin

Sponsored Links
Back