Plumbers/heating engineers- is this standard? (Value of scrap) (Ed.)

The in

Some interesting case studies there..... :LOL:

I concur that it is for the tradesperson to specify in the contract and not turn it around on the customer. A reasonable person wouldn't classify a cylinder worth just under £100 as waste. If they are happy for the plumber to realise the value, then fine. But just taking it, annoys me.

Regarding me asking for the items back- I've got bigger issues I'm challenging with this current bunch so I'd rather focus my efforts on that. Like why they've invoiced me for a brand new smart thermostat and installed a grubby old circa 2019 model....
Did they take you rubbish?
Did they state that they will take your rubbish?
Did you state that you wanted to keep anything?

Sponsored Links
It's theft - taking without permission of the owner. It is not OK to just assume, because something is not bolted down, that it's OK to take it. Chairs, tables, watches are not bolted down - are they OK to assume the owner doesn't want them, to just take them?
I again invite you to read the theft act and if you don't understand it, ask any police officer.
If you don't have a gate in your front garden and leave something there that can be reasonably seen as discarded (a bunch of old copper pipes for example, or an old boiler), taking it will not be automatically considered theft.

Sponsored Links
Back