Right Wing, Far Right, Extreme Right

Germany’s Alternative for Germany (AfD) party is on track to become the first far-right party to win a regional election in the country since World War Two, exit polls show, but was almost certain to be excluded from power by rival parties. The AfD was projected to win 33.5 percent of the vote in the state of Thuringia, comfortably ahead of the conservatives’ 24.5 percent, broadcaster ZDF’s exit poll showed on Sunday.

With a year to go until Germany’s national election, the results look punishing for Chancellor Olaf Scholz’s coalition, though his Social Democrats looked to have cleared the 5 percent threshold for staying in the parliaments of both states. However his coalition partners, the Greens and the business-friendly Free Democrats looked less secure in both parliaments, in a development that could herald yet more conflict in Scholz’s already fractious coalition government.

more@Al Jazeera...a problem with PR is the coalition government will always rely on allies to sustain their power and in the FDR this means a chance of sharing power with far-right advocates for blocking immigration and halting supply of crucial weapons to Ukraine. The best time to stop them is before their support grows too strong and it's becoming a genuine concern for the EU that it might already be too late.

Sponsored Links
Germany’s Alternative for Germany (AfD) party is on track to become the first far-right party
There is another aspect to this. I did wonder about pointing it out in the other thread but decided not to. Then I noticed that I was locked out still with no intention to post in it.

The area concerned is the ex communist Germany. One factor mentioned 16m people and 60m other side of the wall. A German politicians take on is nothing to do with race but a feeling of dissatisfaction with their lot. Feeling like they are 2nd class citizens was mentioned. More may come out over time. It needs to really.

The politician did mention that they had taken some steps on deportations of criminals but not enough detail to be of any use. West side politics.

I did wonder about pointing it out in the other thread but decided not to. Then I noticed that I was locked out still with no intention to post in it.

Blimey John, what did you get locked out of a thread for, did you call someone a rotter?

ajohn with restricted access? I might not agree with the position sometimes but at least ajohn tries to plough a straight path.

Sponsored Links
Blimey John, what did you get locked out of a thread for, did you call someone a rotter?
No nothing I hadn't even posted on the thread. I didn't as it was heading in a certain direction and I wondered when and if the other factor would get a mention.

I didn't even notice that I had been locked initially. Just read the posts a few times. When I saw that I assumed the thread had been locked but it hadn't. i wasn't going to post anyway. I decided to here following Odds post.

There is another aspect to this. I did wonder about pointing it out in the other thread but decided not to. Then I noticed that I was locked out still with no intention to post in it.
Judging by some of the times I've been locked out of threads, it appears to be random deletion and locking of threads, with no explanation or reason offered.

But there are other times when deletions occur. One can only assume that certain posters want some evidence deleted.
For instance, Mottie's confession about his consist law breaking (in Spain and UK), and any reference to it is always deleted.

The area concerned is the ex communist Germany. One factor mentioned 16m people and 60m other side of the wall. A German politicians take on is nothing to do with race but a feeling of dissatisfaction with their lot. Feeling like they are 2nd class citizens was mentioned. More may come out over time. It needs to really.

The politician did mention that they had taken some steps on deportations of criminals but not enough detail to be of any use. West side politics.
Yes, it's like the North - South divide in UK. There's still inequality in Germany.

It's not just the populism in Germany that is driving the politics.

There is still an economic divide between East and West, just like the North - South divide in UK.

Angela Merkel was very much a product of her East German upbringing even though she was born in West Germany.
She enjoyed some popularity among East Germans.
Olaf Shultz is very much a product of West Germany.

BBC 3 at 9pm tonight: Layla Wright presents an investigation into the rise of far-right women in the US. Teenager Hannah Faulkner is gaining online prominence for her belief in traditional patriarchal values. But the most disturbing interview is with Christie Hutcherson, who livestreams as she basically hunts down people on the US/Mexico border. “That was fun!” she says after chasing a family who are then detained. Chilling.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is probably the most well known of the MAGA madness in Congress but it's a real eye-opener to learn how many women support a convicted felon and rapist. Weird.

Marjorie Taylor Greene is probably the most well known of the MAGA madness in Congress but it's a real eye-opener to learn how many women support a convicted felon and rapist. Weird.
And look at the popularity of BJ and Farage in UK. Inexplicable. :confused:

Morally corrupt, virtue signalling, neoloopyleft organisation - what ever the programme will be about, it will be there to manipulate you to their strange way of thinking.

Morally corrupt, virtue signalling, neoloopyleft organisation - what ever the programme will be about, it will be there to manipulate you to their strange way of thinking.
Munroast refutes any presentation before it's presented.
Closed mind or what? :rolleyes:

Layla Wright uses a similar technique to her mentor, Louis Theroux, and allows the subject to talk freely...they make documentaries as independent film makers and the BeeB broadcasts them. You don't have to dig too deep to exhibit the mad ideas gibbering in the MAGA mobs head.

a problem with PR is the coalition government
As it relates to the general aspect discussed there is another factor as well. First past the post gives the sort of results we get which can mean a coalition. Look at the PR approach and regard it as a 2nd vote. It has exactly the same problem. One result in Germany was a party with 5% of the vote propping up the main party for years. More recently the greens have figured. That has resulted in directions that other countries see as strange - nuclear aspects. The latest coalition goes by the name of
SPD and the Free Democratic Party (FDP) in the traffic light coalition since the 2021 German federal election.

Fact is that under first past the post parties tend to drift in the direction the public wants. The various parties are influencers. That is taken in by the public. Public views then range from maybe have a point to extremists. The extreme end tend to ignore practicalities. That can be a great idea for popularism - ignore the practicalities.

Politics is a newsworthy item. They often put over more than one parties views. They don't really comment other than maybe fact checks. I recollect them being called woke by some who fail to notice that our parties are woke as they see it. Details on what this means gets commented on by various politicians. They report the comments.

Left or Right in power. The party in power is the one that is likely to get most attention of a critical nature. Just as Labour is finding now. BBC just reports. They do not generate the comments themselves.

Layla Wright uses a similar technique to her mentor, Louis Theroux, and allows the subject to talk freely...they make documentaries as independent film makers and the BeeB broadcasts them. You don't have to dig too deep to exhibit the mad ideas gibbering in the MAGA mobs head.
yes but does she or louis pick someone who fits their stereotype, and the stereotype their audience wants to see?
Be more suspicious of what you are told, whether it be BBC, LBC RT or GBnews. they all have their own angle, they all want to convince you.

Because it's rational to blame immigrants for all the problems ?

Sponsored Links
Back