Rip off plumber needs jailing

Indian restaurant had an emergency. I told him emergency rate is £150 first hour, and I'll be out in 20 mins.

He then said its not that much of an emergency. But it needed dealing with urgent.

I said Tuesday £90 per first hour then £90 after that.

Hello come back to me, that job will take no more than an hour so so please come Monday @ £90 in total.

Firm no from me.

A week later he had a real emergency just before opening. I wasn't getting into another bartering exchange, so I said no can't do.
Shoul've gone and done the job at £90 and set the timer on the phone for 60 minutes as you entered the door, then the moment the alarm goes stop work.

Sponsored Links
Shoul've gone and done the job at £90 and set the timer on the phone for 60 minutes as you entered the door, then the moment the alarm goes stop work.

It's actually a really good Indian. So I don't want to identify myself, incase I get a spunky curry when I'm there next.

It's actually a really good Indian. So I don't want to identify myself, incase I get a spunky curry when I'm there next.
source.gif

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of the time I went to a job to fix a no supply. Did a huge favour and charged the landlady £20. A bargain even back then.

She sent me a cheque for a tenner, saying that's all she thought it was worth.

I didn't have the time to fight it.

Indian restaurant had an emergency. I told him emergency rate is £150 first hour, and I'll be out in 20 mins.

He then said its not that much of an emergency. But it needed dealing with urgent.

I said Tuesday £90 per first hour then £90 after that.

He come back to me, and said the repair will take no more than an hour so so please come Monday @ £90 in total.

Firm no from me.

A week later he had a real emergency just before opening. I wasn't getting into another bartering exchange, so I said no can't do.
It’s funny how people who have the emergency think they have the leverage.

£150???
That's a bargain!
Try calling the blue Plumbers from south London...
They'll charge at least 3 times that.

I once agreed to replace a tap like for like without seeing what was there.
Took me 3 hours.
Had to grind the tap off the sink and replace most of the pipework.

It’s funny how people who have the emergency think they have the leverage.

I had this fella call after getting himself into trouble trying to do his own radiator removal.

He had a leak. His problems was that he thought that he had the leverage on a sunny hot Saturday afternoon.

He refused to accept my £150 call for the first hour. So I said ok no problem.

His wife then told him to agree to my terms and get me out.

Unfortunately for them both the bottle was open and pouring into my glass.

A fabulous tasting beer if my memory serves right.

I had this fella call after getting himself into trouble trying to do his own radiator removal.
On one of our local Facebook pages last week, someone was fixing their own car and had come across a bolt they couldn’t undo so they were asking if any mechanics could come round and just undo that bolt for them!

Sponsored Links
Back