Sage coffee machine

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
There's nothing at all difficult about putting a scoop of ground coffee into a brew head.
Nobody has said there is but a pod machine for me is about speed and convenience. Machine on, it gets up to temperature in just 3 seconds, pop a pod in, press the button, one cup dispensed, pod out and disposed of. Quick, clean, simple.

Sponsored Links
You could find out by actually watching the vid yourself. But as you clearly can't be arsed I'll summarise...

Black coffee, e.g. espresso = ground
Milky/frothy/latte/capuccino/whatever = instant

I'd guess it's just not possible to combine chemical creamer powder with ground, the fineness of filter needed for ground coffee would clog with the lard and candlewax they make creamer out of. So there's no filter, basically a swirly mixing thing, with instant coffee and soap powder or whatever the pretend milk is.
Good grief, I don’t know where to begin

There's nothing at all difficult about putting a scoop of ground coffee into a brew head
Silly strawman

its not the putting of the scoop into the portafilter that is the tricky part

its the grind size, pressure, temperature, brew ratio, brew time that affects the espresso quality

If it was so easy, professional baristas in the best coffee shops check their espresso daily and adjust the grind size accordingly. Age or bean, humidity etc can affect brew ratio.

Sponsored Links
Coffee's what wine was in the 1980s. Relatively new, manipulatively marketed to fool the gullible, expensive and wrapped in snobbery, waffle and bull.

Most sensible people do not grind their coffee, they buy it already ground. Gasps of horror from the coffee snobs!

Switch machine on, pull the brew head out, rinse out the leftovers from last time it was used, stick a scoop of ground in, by then the machine's warmed up and rinsed itself out, pop it back in and press go. Switch off, take coffee, do something interesting with your life.

Don't pay over the odds, don't create a load of plastic and metal pod landfill, don't bore anyone about grind size and humidity.

"Professional barista"??!? Hilarious, next you'll be calling a burger-flipper at McDonalds a professional food artist.

Coffee's what wine was in the 1980s. Relatively new, manipulatively marketed to fool the gullible, expensive and wrapped in snobbery, waffle and bull.

Most sensible people do not grind their coffee, they buy it already ground. Gasps of horror from the coffee snobs!

Switch machine on, pull the brew head out, rinse out the leftovers from last time it was used, stick a scoop of ground in, by then the machine's warmed up and rinsed itself out, pop it back in and press go. Switch off, take coffee, do something interesting with your life.

Don't pay over the odds, don't create a load of plastic and metal pod landfill, don't bore anyone about grind size and humidity.

"Professional barista"??!? Hilarious, next you'll be calling a burger-flipper at McDonalds a professional food artist.

I have a toolbox filled with a range of tools for fine quality woodworking. It contains so.e razor sharp chisels, it also contains a totally knackered chisel I used for opening paint tins.

I don't usually give names to my tools, but I have now named that old paint tin chisel.

My first attempts at a flat white and White art.

Here we have a River delta

☁️
20231025_084432.jpg

The Swan and the diving duck.
20231025_085123.jpg

Spot on they are, you created a perfect image of the idea you definitely had before you started.

Reckon you're halfway to qualifying for that baristology degree now.

Sponsored Links
Back