Sage coffee machine

• Thread starter Deleted member 294929
  • Start date
Sponsored Links
Glass?, you must be loaded. Hope they get the socket cut-outs in the right place. :oops:

I'm a fool who's really not loaded.

I'm struggling with this machine. Early stages I thought ok this is easy. Started to tweak and found it was getting worse and not better.

I'm struggling with this machine. Early stages I thought ok this is easy. Started to tweak and found it was getting worse and not better.
Is grind size adjustable?

one of the most key elements is extraction.A good tasting espresso is getting the sweet spot between under extraction and over extraction.

the best way to check is to weigh the ground coffee and the weight of the liquid extracted + the time that takes.

A starting point is a brew ratio of 2:1, ie 18g coffee produces 36 grams of espresso. Aim for 25 to 30 seconds to pull a shot

the biggest factor that affects shot time and extract ratio is grind size

Ive no idea what elements you can adjust on your bean to,cup,machine

Sponsored Links
As I suspected. Plenty of faffing required. You'd want that when you‘re on the way out at 4 in the morning….

Is grind size adjustable?

one of the most key elements is extraction.A good tasting espresso is getting the sweet spot between under extraction and over extraction.

the best way to check is to weigh the ground coffee and the weight of the liquid extracted + the time that takes.

A starting point is a brew ratio of 2:1, ie 18g coffee produces 36 grams of espresso. Aim for 25 to 30 seconds to pull a shot

the biggest factor that affects shot time and extract ratio is grind size

Ive no idea what elements you can adjust on your bean to,cup,machine

This is what's confusing. Grind size is 1-25. Then there is the 1-10 adjustment of the conical burrs.

I'm using a cheap lidle bean that may not be thst fresh. This means I maybe should be using a duel wall filter basket.

Once I get get all this correct I'll then buy a better quality fresher bean. The problem there means that the filter basket the grind size and the conical burr size will all need adjustment/changing.

I lovely thing in all this is my 13year old daughter has really got into this and helped me. ❤️ ❣️ ❤️

Grind size setting 4, use the double filter basket, initially use the manual grind time, push the holder in and hold it in, rather than a single push on auto setting, that will take time to get the right auto setting. very firmly push down with the tamper and if necessary use that scraping tool to level off the dry coffee, screw on firmly. Push the 2 cup setting and you should see the water pressure gauge rise sharply, if pressure doesn't go up you've done something wrong, amount of coffee or grind. See Notch's instruction for steaming the milk, it's not as simple as it looks.

As I suspected. Plenty of faffing required. You'd want that when you‘re on the way out at 4 in the morning….

I've got the week off (hopefully) gives me time. Once the adjustments are correctly set then I'll be flying.

All of us have wings, some of us don't know why.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're not being helpful Pod man.
That's not true

If you want to know what he's had for breakfast then he will tell you all about it. Or what's his carrots have been upto today.

In many ways he's more than helpful.

Brother's got a 5k coffee machine. I always ask him where the proper coffee is - Nescafé.
I find Nescafe tooo bitter.
Kenco: Rich Roast mixed up with a Brazilian blend with a dash of Beanies for a twist of flavour - shaken, not stirred. :cool:

When I used to drink instant coffee, I used to drink Nescafé Blend 37. I don’t know if they even still do that - I can’t say I’ve seen it on the shelves but then again I’ve not been looking.

I've got the week off (hopefully) gives me time. Once the adjustments are correctly set then I'll be flying.
I pay someone to grind my beans to just the right texture and then have them pack just the right amount into a little aluminium capsule which I just pop into my machine which then forces hot water at just the right temperature through it to produce the perfect cup of Joe.Takes me just 2.5 seconds to get the contents into my coffee machine. No need for a week off work to get that right. No mess, no waste. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back