Sir Nigel Farage

No reason per se, but then, amongst other things, you have to solve the border problem caused by that decision of the UK.
There has been a border in Ireland for the last 100 years which predates the creation of the EU.

Sponsored Links
No reason per se, but then, amongst other things, you have to solve the border problem caused by that decision of the UK.

Eventually, the penny will drop that it's more their problem than ours.
Alternatively, the republic may decide to appoint a taoiseach who has 'a pair', and recognizes that the most beneficial course of action would be to follow us out, the timing would be perfect as they've only just started contributing financially, they could borrow Boris to help with the negotiations.
It's a win win.

Scotland?

They immigrated to the North hundreds of years ago:idea:
The name Scotland literally translates as land of the Irish.
The Scots were originally from Ireland, migration between Ireland and Scotland has been going on for 1000's of years.
The Roman Catholic church created the myth that the Roman Catholic Irish are the original people of Ireland and that Protestants and people from mainland Britain are interlopers who have to be driven out, this sectarian lie has caused misery for centuries.

Sponsored Links
It's not an arrangement that's available to any old Tomaz, Dieter or Reinhardt.

Provided that you have a hard border, with immigration officials and passport checks, and fences or walls to prevent people crossing the border at any points that do not have checks.

A person crossing the border with no checks might be a UK citizen, or a citizen of the RoI, or a citizen of any other country who is in the UK or RoI. Unless you check the entitlement of every person crossing the border, the border is open to all. RoI contains citizens of other EU nations. UK contains citizens of non-EU nations.

Brexers want to end free movement. They can only achieve this by having a hard border and checking the status of every person who crosses. Brexers want a hard border.

nigelwallstory483.jpg
000_1BB9QT-640x400.jpg

This is an example of a Separation Barrier. The people who built it deny that it is a wall.

Provided that you have a hard border, with immigration officials and passport checks, and fences or walls to prevent people crossing the border at any points that do not have checks.

A person crossing the border with no checks might be a UK citizen, or a citizen of the RoI, or a citizen of any other country who is in the UK or RoI. Unless you check the entitlement of every person crossing the border, the border is open to all. RoI contains citizens of other EU nations. UK contains citizens of non-EU nations.

Brexers want to end free movement. They can only achieve this by having a hard border and checking the status of every person who crosses. Brexers want a hard border.

I don't, I want a soft border with Ireland, just like the one we had for the last 100 years. I'll let you into a little secret, it's what they want as well.

...but they will bring their strange customs and religion and pinch all your jobs and houses and use the NHS.

Eventually, the penny will drop that it's more their problem than ours.
Alternatively, the republic may decide to appoint a taoiseach who has 'a pair', and recognizes that the most beneficial course of action would be to follow us out, the timing would be perfect as they've only just started contributing financially, they could borrow Boris to help with the negotiations.
It's a win win.
The penny will drop, Ireland reunited and EU members.

NI is staying in single market, big big benefit, as Johnson told Irish business leaders.

I don't, I want a soft border with Ireland, just like the one we had for the last 100 years. I'll let you into a little secret, it's what they want as well.
Protection of single market more important.

I really don't understand this type of post.

The brexit vote won, just. 1 of the MAIN reasons for that vote, was "the control of our borders" (even though we had/have control anyway).

So if you want the borders, why is it anybody elses problem, but ours, to solve.

Either you want borders, or you don't? Or is it just some borders?

Welcome to the forum.

Brexit and logic are bad bedfellows

Sponsored Links
Back