Tactical voting

Not like swapping votes though.

Sounds like a tactic to mislead a few
Oh come on - you're interested enough to have a repeated opinion... What's it going to cost you to have a quick butchers ...

Sponsored Links
Oh come on - you're interested enough to have a repeated opinion... What's it going to cost you to have a quick butchers ...
Because.

It's unlikely my mp (tory) will be unseated. So every vote will count. I won't take the risk of not voting, expecially as the persons promise means nothing except words.

Its just a bluff to mislead a few.

Sounds like you might be trying that.

Because.

It's unlikely my mp (tory) will be unseated. So every vote will count. I won't take the risk of not voting, expecially as the persons promise means nothing except words.

Its just a bluff to mislead a few.

Sounds like you might be trying that.
I'm curious - who do you think is bluffing and why? ...and if it's unlikely the MP will be unseated, surely that means that every vote would be less likely to count? ...and why on earth do you think that anyone is suggesting that you don't vote?

I'm curious - who do you think is bluffing and why? ...and if it's unlikely the MP will be unseated, surely that means that every vote would be less likely to count? ...and why on earth do you think that anyone is suggesting that you don't vote?
I dont understand your point.

Every vote will count in my constituency, so I will give my vote to the person with the most chance of success.

Why would I do anything different. So the swap vote is irrelevant, not even worth the time to read it.

The ONLY chance of unsettling the current Tory is more votes to his main challenger. Why would I do anything different, that would just help things be the same.

It's a scam. You vote how you like, I will do the same.

The only thing that would make me vote differently is PR, and that's not on the agenda, yet.

Sponsored Links
I dont understand your point.

Every vote will count in my constituency, so I will give my vote to the person with the most chance of success.

Why would I do anything different. So the swap vote is irrelevant, not even worth the time to read it.

The ONLY chance of unsettling the current Tory is more votes to his main challenger. Why would I do anything different, that would just help things be the same.

It's a scam. You vote how you like, I will do the same.

The only thing that would make me vote differently is PR, and that's not on the agenda, yet.
My first question is: if you see this as a scam, how do you see it working as such?

My second is - if you could use your vote as increasing the chance for your preferred outcome - that there are fewer Tory MP's in parliament, by, for example; offering to vote green or libdem in your constituency, as a swap for a green or libdem voter in a marginal Tory/labour constituency voting labour, why would you not do so?

My core question is still, especially given that you're a supporter of PR and concerned about these matters, as are the people behind this particular endeavour, if I understand correctly, how is it you think you're going to be harmed by informing yourself?

No, e.g. you make more profit this year if you don't invest for the future..
Can you imagine anybody running a water company like that?

Can you imagine a country letting its roads develop more craters than the moon?

Can you imagine a Home Secretary slashing Police numbers and denying it had anything to do with controlling crime?

Can you imagine a government with an aging population that needs increasing medical care starving the health service of funds?

Can you imagine anyone responsible for schools neglecting maintenance until their crumbling roofs started to collapse?

Can you imagine an organisation with a shortage of nurses cheering when they turned down a suggestion to let pay keep up with inflation?

They would fail, and deserve to be kicked out.

Can you imagine it?

My first question is: if you see this as a scam, how do you see it working as such?
Mislead somebody to vote differently, and not alter their own vote.
My second is - if you could use your vote as increasing the chance for your preferred outcome - that there are fewer Tory MP's in parliament, by, for example; offering to vote green or libdem in your constituency, as a swap for a green or libdem voter in a marginal Tory/labour constituency voting labour, why would you not do so?
I want my current MP out, its the only 1 i can vote for, or against.
My core question is still, especially given that you're a supporter of PR and concerned about these matters, as are the people behind this particular endeavour, if I understand correctly, how is it you think you're going to be harmed by informing yourself?
Not worth any effort. My vote may just make the difference in my constituency. It will not count if i vote for an also ran. PR would achieve that, but this idea isnt PR.

There is an old joke about a man in a bar on polling day, who goes up to someone sporting the opposing rosette, and suggests that they both stay in the bar until closing time, as their votes will cancel each other out. He stays in the bar all night, and the two men watch each other to make sure neither cheats.

But he does it to twenty voters.

So what would be the motivation of a group of people interested in PR, aiming to bring a closer match between votes and MP's, to mislead you?

If you can influence the vote in a more marginal constituency then it's effectively not the only one you can vote for (that's the point).

If you can swap your vote for an also ran in your own constituency, for a vote in a marginal which can make a difference in the outcome, why wouldn't you?

What information makes you think that this idea isn't effectively a form of PR?

So what would be the motivation of a group of people interested in PR, aiming to bring a closer match between votes and MP's, to mislead you?

If you can influence the vote in a more marginal constituency then it's effectively not the only one you can vote for (that's the point).

If you can swap your vote for an also ran in your own constituency, for a vote in a marginal which can make a difference in the outcome, why wouldn't you?

You vote for who you want.

I know where mine is going.

It's likely most marginal seats will change, its the others that need all the possible votes

Because the people taking part are motivated to lie and cheat, and you have no way to trust them.

Because the people taking part are motivated to lie and cheat, and you have no way to trust them.
So if you were to take part, would that be your motivation?
I guess we're back to prisoners' dilemma and core assumptions about how we, as humans, interact with each other..

No, e.g. you make more profit this year if you don't invest for the future..
Capitalism may have been responsible in the past, now its only concerned with profit, look at Thames Water and other utilities, we were told privatising them would release investment.

So if you were to take part, would that be your motivation?
I guess we're back to prisoners' dilemma and core assumptions about how we, as humans, interact with each other..
I would not take part. Trust has to be earned, and supported by verification.

Sponsored Links
Back